Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST RECEIVED and ready to ship are our custom fit SSR car covers with your choice of embroidery, and embroidery colors. These covers come with a custom and patented strap systemt to SECURE the cover to the vehicle. Visit our website and read about the standard features for all our car covers. The pricing on these is $189.95 plus $13.95 shipping. VERY HIGH Quality cover for the price.

www.carmotorsports.com

Alan

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Nice but....

The CAR Motorsports is a very nice cover... and it has nice options that one can add to customize their cover more. It appears that theirs is silver but has no Chevrolet bow tie with the SSR logo.

Chevrolet's cover appears to be a more "custom" fitting black material which does include a gold bow tie with the SSR logo... very sharp, I have one and it fits perfect! It can be bought on gmpartsdirect.com for more $$ than the price here.

Ps of course it can be just a matter of saving money and or personal preference here... btw are vendors suppose to be advertising on this site?

This is the most recent price off of gmpartsdirect.com however it is a higher price now then when I orginaly bought the cover. :skep

GM PART # 15113247
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $325.00
OUR PRICE: $273.00
DESCRIPTION: SSR 03-04 COVER PKG

Below:
Offical GM Chevrolet SSR cover shown in Black- Silver is a CAR Motorsports cover

Attachments

T

·
0 Posts
I believe there supporting vendors.

Marc,

Whats the GMPD #

Thanks,
John

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
No Phone orders

HI John,

Sorry to tell you that there is no phone number to call gmpartsdirect.com. It is done only by email ordering.

Here is a quote from their site.

"To keep our prices as low as possible WE DO NOT CORRESPOND BY PHONE or offer phone ordering services."

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
The GM cover is available on ebay for a starting bid of $259.00 or a buy it now of $269.00 with $11.00 S&H. There is also one listed from CS Enterprises for $25 plus S&H. Its a loose fitting one but it sounds like it would fill the need at a much lower price. Does anyone have any feedback on the second one?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Marc NY said:
The CAR Motorsports is a very nice cover... and it has nice options that one can add to customize their cover more. It appears that theirs is silver but has no Chevrolet bow tie with the SSR logo.

Chevrolet's cover appears to be a more "custom" fitting black material which does include a gold bow tie with the SSR logo... very sharp, I have one and it fits perfect! It can be bought on gmpartsdirect.com for more $$ than the price here.

Ps of course it can be just a matter of saving money and or personal preference here... btw are vendors suppose to be advertising on this site?

This is the most recent price off of gmpartsdirect.com however it is a higher price now then when I orginaly bought the cover. :skep

GM PART # 15113247
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $325.00
OUR PRICE: $273.00
DESCRIPTION: SSR 03-04 COVER PKG

Below:
Offical GM Chevrolet SSR cover shown in Black- Silver is a CAR Motorsports cover
Actually, we do have the bowtie available, in addition to a large number of other emblems that we offer on our products. Keep in mind that with a $25 cover, you will get what you pay for. That black cover is going to be VERY hot if you park in the sun. That's why we offer the reflective silver with UV protection.

Our cover also features a patented strap system and a lifetime warranty.

Feel free to ask any questions you have.

Alan

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Cover

Yes Alan,

:agree ... your cover probably is best for long periods in the sun then the black GM one would be. (I only use in my garage and probably only for night storage if I was on the road. We don't see much sun up north LOL. Oh yes I am sure your cover is a quality cover too.

As for you having a Chevy Bow tie; I was referring to the fact that the GM version has the bowtie and the SSR logo together as one emblem on the front cover. Not as seperate emblems as yours would be -- one or the other but not together as one, correct?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Marc NY said:
Yes Alan,

:agree ... your cover probably is best for long periods in the sun then the black GM one would be. (I only use in my garage and probably only for night storage if I was on the road. We don't see much sun up north LOL. Oh yes I am sure your cover is a quality cover too.

As for you having a Chevy Bow tie; I was referring to the fact that the GM version has the bowtie and the SSR logo together as one emblem on the front cover. Not as seperate emblems as yours would be -- one or the other but not together as one, correct?
we can do multiple logos. each additional logo is only $20. So, for $249.95, you could have both SSR and the bowtie logo on both front and rear of the cover. I noted that this is still cheaper than the GM stock black cover.

Some days I wish we could give you some of our sun. Its pretty hot here right now........hence the name Hotlanta....LOL.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts