Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let everyone know, My (redline red) SSR arrived this morning at the dealership in Chicago. It will be sporting Illinois license plate (SSR). I already have the plates registered to another truck, will just transfer them over.

I will post more info as soon as I can. Anyone else get theirs?

:) Scott.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Congratulations on the good news. I'm hoping that mine will not be delivered until early spring because I plan on using it daily.

Be sure and post some pictures of it and let us know how you like it.

:party

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:thumbs :party

Please tell us how it drives and handles etc. I have read a couple of articles and some of the critics say that it is too slow for a vehicle of its type and that it doesn't handle very well out on winding country roads. I am anxious to hear from some one who has bought one. Please keep us posted!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats on the delivery!

Mine has build date has been moved again...:banghead

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
rain

Great for you man! Be sure to drive it in the rain and let us know how the top is working in incliment weather. Hopefully they have fixed the roof probs. that leaked. I would also be curious about the earlier mention of the "Rattles" in the cowl area. Keep us posted.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi--

I have a fully loaded (including gauges) Black SSr scheduled for production (VOMS Code 3300?) 09/15/03. This is the same build date that I have been given for the last 6 or 8 weeks. I get concened when I hear of others on the forum having their build dates moved. I am going to check again next week -- maybe they do not change the production date until they blow past the original date. Dealer is telling me I can expect delivery from 12 -15 days after production date.... Does this sound reasonable. Is there any one out there who has received their SSr and can share how long it is between production date and delivery date.

Has any taken delivery of a black SSr - I have not seen a single picture of one only the computer generated imiage.

Thanks.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I realize that everyone is probably wondering how I like my SSR. Long story short, my SSR was delivered to the dealership and it happened to be one of the first ones delivered that was accidently shipped and had to go back to GM. It was VIN #11.
I have been given a new order # and am waiting for my new SSR. It just so happened that while the SSR came and left, I was in CO working. My brothers, friends, co-workers and a whole bunch of other people got to check it out. For those who are interested, my younger brother made a nice little video clip of the truck and the retractable hardtop in operation. That video and some pictures he took can be found at his website.

SSR:)http://geocities.com/myredssr

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice video! Thanks for posting your link.

It appears the motions have changed slightly in the way that the hardtop opens and closes. Also, I took video at the Woodward Dream Cruise two years ago and the top opened and closed slower than what was captured in your footage.

Thanks..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Two Thumbs up!

SSR said:
I realize that everyone is probably wondering how I like my SSR. Long story short, my SSR was delivered to the dealership and it happened to be one of the first ones delivered that was accidently shipped and had to go back to GM. It was VIN #11.
I have been given a new order # and am waiting for my new SSR. It just so happened that while the SSR came and left, I was in CO working. My brothers, friends, co-workers and a whole bunch of other people got to check it out. For those who are interested, my younger brother made a nice little video clip of the truck and the retractable hardtop in operation. That video and some pictures he took can be found at his website.

SSR:)http://geocities.com/myredssr
Hey Scott you have exceed your bandwidth it said! When you get a chance give me a call so we can chat!

:cheers :seeya

·
Registered
6 Posts
SSR tag numbers

I just wanted you to know that I too have Texas tag number 'SSR' reserved and sitting in the Dallas Court Building downtown. Now all I need is my truck.....:cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts