Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
Thanks for the pics. It sure seems like this time they are going to deliver on the promise. I'm so glad I chose the red. I don't think the lines of SSR are as visible on the dark color. Anyone agree?

S

·
0 Posts
I agree

The lines are not as visible on the Black beauty, and that is A GOOD THING.

The design in general is a little wacky. But the Black is the one to own. :rolleyes:

R

·
0 Posts
looking at the engine bay pic, i still say the Z06 batwing airfilter will fit on it!

R

·
0 Posts
I was told by SSR plant contact that the Black SSR in Grand Rapids is a "COMMERCE" vehicle. Cannot be released to public yet. Not sure what "commerce" means in the auto sales biz., but this dealer had to pull stings to get it in their showroom. My contact says trucks will be shipping by the end of this week via leaseway. I am driving by plant today and will take more photos, hopefully of SSR's on haulers!!

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
:cry
All production units have a manual hood prop. The concept vehicle had an automatic hydraulic lift.

The rear deck is also manual. The concept vehicle had a rear automatic lift also.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
manual?

:confused According to the SSR Owner's manual I downloaded thanks to someone else's earlier post, the rear bed cover is not manual, and even has instructions for opening it with the key fob. Am I mistaken here or did they change things since the owner's manual was printed?

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
The rear deck lid has a release button on the key fob or in the glove box (emergency release behind the driver rear tire). This only releases the latch and allows the cover to pop about one inch. You must lift the cover by hand. I have opened the rear hatch on #006 at a recent fair visit.

I saw the concept vehicle several years ago and got to see the hood open hydraulically with a push of a button. The roof, at that time, was a one piece unit that opened by rolling down into the area behind the seat. It was more curved than the current roof.

The concept vehicle also had a better roar to it when it was fired up. No doubt the 6.0 Engine had something to do with that.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
bottom line is...

Well, I guess the bottom line is to close the hatch on the tonu cover first and then close the tail gate last right? Thanks for clearing this up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts