Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had recently got bronchitis and had been staying indoors for about a little over a weeks time. When I was feeling alwrite enough to go out and least turn over the engine for a few minutes to keep the battery charged, their were some serious rainstorms rolling in. The rain was falling like pebbles and their was a "flood watch" issued for the whole state. I don't have a garage so my car was outdoors, but covered. A few days later after the rain had settled and the weather was alwrite enough I went out and was going to run it for awhile.
But to my shock, I got nothing. Just a dead "click-click" whenever turned the key. None of my neighbores were around at that time of day to assist me with a jump so I had to call in the local Chevy dealer for an assist. The service guy came around about 15 minutes later and I got the jump.
I tested out some of the electrical systems after a few minutes of charging. I retracted the roof and it worked fine, but then it wouldn't come back up and the windows weren't functioning very well.
So there I was with the roof unwilling to raise and the rains coming back over the horizon. I darted over to the local Chevy ddealership where I get serviced and just made it under the canopy of the service department when the rains blanketed the area. The windows were still out of sync and not lowering and raising when I ever I shut the door, which almost locked me into the the drivers side because the window had wedged itself into the rubber door frame of the car. They worked on it for about 15 minutes and had the car running perfectly!

I thought the problem was going to be a little worse than what it turned out to be. Luckily it was the latter.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Rollex said:
I had recently got bronchitis and had been staying indoors for about a little over a weeks time. When I was feeling alwrite enough to go out and least turn over the engine for a few minutes to keep the battery charged, their were some serious rainstorms rolling in. The rain was falling like pebbles and their was a "flood watch" issued for the whole state. I don't have a garage so my car was outdoors, but covered. A few days later after the rain had settled and the weather was alwrite enough I went out and was going to run it for awhile.
But to my shock, I got nothing. Just a dead "click-click" whenever turned the key. None of my neighbores were around at that time of day to assist me with a jump so I had to call in the local Chevy dealer for an assist. The service guy came around about 15 minutes later and I got the jump.
I tested out some of the electrical systems after a few minutes of charging. I retracted the roof and it worked fine, but then it wouldn't come back up and the windows weren't functioning very well.
So there I was with the roof unwilling to raise and the rains coming back over the horizon. I darted over to the local Chevy ddealership where I get serviced and just made it under the canopy of the service department when the rains blanketed the area. The windows were still out of sync and not lowering and raising when I ever I shut the door, which almost locked me into the the drivers side because the window had wedged itself into the rubber door frame of the car. They worked on it for about 15 minutes and had the car running perfectly!

I thought the problem was going to be a little worse than what it turned out to be. Luckily it was the latter.

So what did the dealer do to repair the problem?

:smash :smash :smash​

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SS My R said:
So what did the dealer do to repair the problem?

:smash :smash :smash​
That's the funny thing....They didn't want to tell me what they did. They were all mysterious about it. Odd...

·
Registered
56 Posts
What they did!

Rollex said:
That's the funny thing....They didn't want to tell me what they did. They were all mysterious about it. Odd...
Strangely enough many of the 'out of sync' problems can be cured quite simply by disconnecting the battery and re-connecting - then locking and unlocking the car using the remote control.

You can also try locking and unlocking using the remote before even getting as far as the battery disconnect!

Switch car on, including ignition. Roll window down - close door and roll window up.

Turn ignition off. Stay in the car and cycle the door locks closed / open using the remote key fob.

This works when the computer forgets which driver is in there too!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts