Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new torsen differential cover. Looking for a really good oil.Any suggestions?
RACESPORT

·
Registered
449 Posts
I went with Amsoil for everything for quality and longevity.
Become a member on their site and get a discount.
I have no affiliation with Amsoil.
Just did a lot of research before making the decision.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Went with autozone label. Wet, slippery gear oil that meets all the requirements. Figure I'll be sucking it out and squirting new in down the road at some point anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone. JR, what id number on the oil did you get? I know 75w90 LS. I don't know the other type id for our diff & limited slip specs. Amsoil sounds good. I was thinking of Royal Purple or Motul oil of a possibility. I know Amsoil is good. Thanks for your advice, I wan't to get the best I can since I don't plan on doing this very often. Dave-Racesport

·
SSR FAMILY MEMBER
1,611 Posts
Rear end oil

Just purchased a new torsen differential cover. Looking for a really good oil.Any suggestions?
RACESPORT
When I changed my gears to 456's. I had it done a shop that puts in superchargers in new Camaro's for Berger Chevrolet in our town. The owner of the shop also has raced his own car at the quarter mile track and road races. He recommended royal purple in the rear end and amsoil in my transmission!

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,534 Posts
I run 100% Amsoil, engine, transmission and rear end gears.

But I only have 127,000 miles on my R, let you know how well it does later.

That said, I believe quality synthetic oil is the best.

Long way from oil I used in my 1938 Ford!!

Dicktator

1 - 7 of 7 Posts