Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the SSR going to be discontnued after 06my? If so it is bitter sweet news, as it is sad to see something with so much "coolth" go the way of other street rods, but on the other hand, the more rare, the more sought after. :leaving

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Man, I hope that's not true. :confused Where did you hear this from?

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Here!

Someone mentioned it in a post I was reading. Can't remember the topic but I think it was by someone that had just bought an 05 and said they were sad that the SSR would be discontinued after the 06my. But given the recent sales where the SSR was up more year over year than any other GM model, they may re-think their plans for the mighty R! Whatever, I've got mine and they'll have tear it from my cold dead fingers. (To quote Charlton Heston). :leaving

P.S. Reported sales were up 43.4 percent year over year!

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts

The S2 version of the SSR is to arrive in 2007. Can't wait

:cool :cool

·
Registered
158 Posts
07 Ssr

I have already told my dealer I want the first 07 505 HP he gets in. There will be a new beast on the street !!!!

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,370 Posts
Rumor only

Even before the first 2003 SSR showed up at the dealer I was working at, there was a persistant rumor running around that the plan was for a four year run only, with the opportunity to re-evaluate the plan based on sales volume, customer satisfaction / demand etc. To the best of my knowledge, this rumor has never been confirmed by anyone in a position to know. By the same token, we are 12 months out from the 2007 model year, and any confirmation of an SSR is still just rumor also. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Blast

·
Registered
579 Posts
JOHN317 said:
.......and they'll have tear it from my cold dead fingers. (To quote Charlton Heston). :leaving

Okay! Sounds like a plan! I would like another SSR! :glol :glol :glol :glol :glol

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Registered
158 Posts
07 Ssr

got this off insider chevy news:Chevrolet Silverado: A new Silverado is going to arrive in late 2006 as a 2007 model. The new truck will have more fuel-efficient powertrains and all-new styling inside and out.

Chevrolet SSR: A new SSR could arrive sometime in 2007. Details are unknown.

Chevrolet Suburban: The new Suburban will arrive in early 2006 with an all new design and new powertrains, plus a 6-speed automatic transmission.

Chevrolet Tahoe: Like the rest of the GMT-900’s, the Tahoe gets all new styling and powertrains for 2007.

Chevrolet Trailblazer: A new Trailblazer might arrive in late 2007-early 2008 . If it does, it will grow in size and the EXT model will be dropped.

GMC

GMC Crossover: As a recent rendering suggest, a GMC crossover is set to arrive in 2007.

GMC Envoy: Like the Trailblazer, a new Envoy might arrive in late 2007-early 2008. If it does, it will grow in size and the XL model will be

·
Registered
72 Posts
was in orlando today for the regional general motors dealers meeting concerning 2006
marketing and new product. at one of the breaks i discussed the future of the ssr with
some of the brand managers and they said that many in central office and engineering want
the ssr to continue but they had no confirmation as to how long it will be . i think everyone
is excited about the market share numbers these past two months and this bodes well for
the ssr . maybe that 2007 z06 427 ssr could happen

·
Registered
72 Posts
on the issue of full size trucks and power plants- the new duramax deisel will have 360 hp
with 650 torque with 6 speed allison auto trans

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,594 Posts
2007 My

SSR290 said:

Yes that is correct there is suppose to be a SSR in the 2007 MY!
:flag

·
Registered
137 Posts
More

Hey MarcNY
You must have more "Faith" or more "Knowledge" than I do. I don't think we will see a 2007. I hope you are right and I am wrong, but I don't think so. If you are right, I will be in line for another.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,594 Posts
MY 2007 is in the planning stages!

SSR290 said:
:cool
walleye said:
... Chevrolet SSR: A new SSR could arrive sometime in 2007. Details are unknown...
steve said:
Hey MarcNY
You must have more "Faith" or more "Knowledge" than I do. I don't think we will see a 2007.
HI Steve,

All I am able to reveal is that I can corroborate part of what SSR290 & walleye have already mentioned in their replies above. Yes I have heard about the new accessories that will be available as options in the MY Model Year 07

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
Hi, Marc

It would seem to follow from this information that the SSR will see life beyond 2007. Sounds like some significant changes, and not something likely to be done with a product about to be discontinued.

07 was a bit quick for another one for me - building a house this fall, and will need some bank account recharging time - but I'm ready for an 08 with a 427. :thumbs

Keep checking the rumour mill for us -

Ray

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,594 Posts
Flassh said:
Hi, Marc

It would seem to follow from this information that the SSR will see life beyond 2007. Sounds like some significant changes, and not something likely to be done with a product about to be discontinued.
Ray
HI Ray,

No one has a crystal ball in the world of cars. We know all to well that even the best laid out plans sometimes never materialize because of market demands or financial reasons. You might recall that the Corvette almost died off a couple of times do to poor sales and financial problems with in GM.

I just hope that the SSR will be able to continue. I know that Chevy has been looking at newer options & accessories to keep the SSR line fresh. :thumbs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts