Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the sequl to my post "What's better then one SSR?". Today I finished polishing the kustom flame job on another 2004 SSR, just ahead of our first Wisconsin snow storm.......The owners liked my flame job and wanted something similar done to their's.....I'm glad to see another stock SSR leave the stock status.

The SSR is an excellent canvas!!!! :thumbs That is my reason for buying one.....

hope you enjoy the pics as much as I did the painting,
kroozn

Attachments

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Dueling SSR's

kroozn
Thanks for sharing the pics! Yes I did enjoy seeing the finished product :thumbs
Do you have any other SSR's lined up for painting? How long did it take to complete this one? That sure is sweet seeing the two of them together! Nice job :thumbs

:eek SNOW STORM -It better not be coming this way!!!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hotrod girl,
the snow just moved in from the west, but since I want lots of snow this winter I'm going to keep it here and send you only sun.........and maybe some rain, can't have you running around all winter topless and possibly catching a cold.......

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Sending You The Snow

kroozn said:
hotrod girl,
the snow just moved in from the west, but since I want lots of snow this winter I'm going to keep it here and send you only sun.........and maybe some rain, can't have you running around all winter topless and possibly catching a cold.......

Why Thank You Kroozn-that is awfully nice of you!!!!I would hate to catch a cold!
I'll send as much snow as I possibly can your way :thumbs Yes I do need the sun :cool to keep me simling and so I can go topless :) without catching a cold.

But I was hoping that you would tell me if you have any other SSR's lined up for painting and how long did it take to complete this one?

You had the perfect package at the Dream Cruise-your matching flamed shirt with your SSR. I often tell people how perfect it was :thumbs

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fire & ice............

I've been talking with 2 other SSR owners about flames. They can't decide whether to go bright and flashy or ghost, so I'm going to start working on test panels for them.

My SSR involved about 125-150 hours, but there was alot of testing to get the flames to work around the body lines and front fenders. The second SSR I have about 75 hours, which also includes the 4 hrs the pinstriper was at my shop.

If ya like the shirt I also have a couple pair of matching shorts and a 14kt gold flamed ring.......

and yes in March when the maple syrup starts running it's great to have a fresh snow fall also............................or you can plow off the lake, cut a hole, and go swimming............. :thumbs

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
So when can I get mine in for a paint job??????????

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Hot Pants

kroozn said:
I've been talking with 2 other SSR owners about flames. They can't decide whether to go bright and flashy or ghost, so I'm going to start working on test panels for them.

My SSR involved about 125-150 hours, but there was alot of testing to get the flames to work around the body lines and front fenders. The second SSR I have about 75 hours, which also includes the 4 hrs the pinstriper was at my shop.

If ya like the shirt I also have a couple pair of matching shorts and a 14kt gold flamed ring.......

and yes in March when the maple syrup starts running it's great to have a fresh snow fall also............................or you can plow off the lake, cut a hole, and go swimming............. :thumbs

Matching shorts (Hot Pants) :lol and ring? WOW you really do fit the part of an Full Pledged SSR Owner :thumbs

I have a paint job in mind for mine also-but it's not flames. I really like your work and your not to far away from me. How long have you been doing this? Do you have some other pics that I could see that aren't flames?

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
This is kind of like the flames that my son and I are working on for our Black SSR. He is 8 years old and has a very strong opinion on the flame style. It is great to see him gaining interest in the vehicles finally.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
very cool.......and HOT

2005SSR6Speed said:
This is kind of like the flames that my son and I are working on for our Black SSR. He is 8 years old and has a very strong opinion on the flame style. It is great to see him gaining interest in the vehicles finally.

Good looking flames! Try some tests with pearls and/or the House of Kolor Kameleon Pearls. With the continous curves of the SSR, pearls will really make the flames dance....

Sounds like 1/8" masking tape would make a great Xmas gift for your son to expand his interest in custom paint and cars.

kroozn

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
keep customizing the SSR

RoadsterJim said:
So when can I get mine in for a paint job??????????

RoadsterJim,
PM me and we could talk more, I'm booked until March. But for an SSRfanatic I'd fit ya in earlier.

kroozn

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hotrodgirl said:
Matching shorts (Hot Pants) :lol and ring? WOW you really do fit the part of an Full Pledged SSR Owner :thumbs

I have a paint job in mind for mine also-but it's not flames. I really like your work and your not to far away from me. How long have you been doing this? Do you have some other pics that I could see that aren't flames?

Hotrod Girl,
I grew up watching my dad restore Model A's and T's, but thing really didn't take off until 1989 when I picked up a '37 Chevy to build a streetrod out of......when I discovered how expensive it was to have a shop do the work I started studying and experimenting. That led to a company hiring me as their Paint/Body/Equipment Tech & Demo Rep so I was always painting and experimenting on everything in site..................if paint would stick it needed a custom paint job.

The majority of my custom jobs revolve around flames, but I have been known to wander elsewhere.....scallops, airbrushed woodgrain, graphics.

For the past 7 years I've been doing strictly custom and restoration work in my shop. I pride myself in customer service and educating the customer in the steps involved in a custom or restoration job. Do if you have some ideas I'd be glad to work on some test panels and send them over to you.

And if you want to make a cruise over, I suggest heading west to Ludington, MI and taking the car ferry over to Manitowac. You will be able to see some great Wisconsin countryside and have a very relaxing krooz.

here's a few more pics of other items that I've done.......the large green box is a computer that I airbrushed and kandied for my nephew.

or you check this out for more of my work

http://www.kroozngold.com/Garage/custom_painting/custom_painting.htm

thanks for your compliments!
kroozn

Attachments

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Custom Paint

Kroozn

Thanks for all of the info. I did spend some time viewing your web-site. Very impressive :thumbs
While I am not ready just yet to do my paint job. I have been looking into who is capable of doing it when I'm ready. As far as I know what I have in mind has never been done on a vehicle.
When I'm ready I'll talk with you.
Thanks again for sharing your background and your work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts