05 Redline, 06 Pac Blue, Spfld, Illinois
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,311 Posts
The first one is what I want to do to a real one but having that thin wallet problem keeps me from building a real one. Cool slot cars

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,371 Posts
DANGGGGGGG! That looks sweet :grin2:

Nice job. I wished we had a local track, I would contract you to build me a truck.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,674 Posts
What does your scale time equate to in full size? These are way faster (in scale) to my knowledge.

·
Perfectionist
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The red truck will get a scoop and detailed out then decaled up, and a new set of scale centerline rear wheels with white letter tires. We run a scale 1/8 mile (26ft) with computerized tree, with readout of reaction times, et times, and speed. Computer displays speed in actual mph. Ranges from 35 to just under 75mph for some of the rails. pretty fun.

·
Perfectionist
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really Nice!!! Do you meet regularly for races? Might be a good day trip for someone from Peoria or Quincy.
Yes, it is kinda a wintertime hobby for us. Look up: Route 66 Model Raceway on facebook. There lots of pics of the place. It is in Elkhart il. We have guys from all over that come to race or just play around. The sprint car track is a blast, we sprinkle talc on the turns! Slide them around.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Do you run rewound motors? I used to do this back 40 or so years ago. We ran 1-24th and 1-43rd scale. There used to 7 tracks around Wichita. I think there maybe one still in business. The.drag cars are a blast.

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Remember slot cars? We still do it around here, Modern day scoring etc... 1/25 scale drags, 8 lane huge tri-oval and 6 lane short track sprint car racing. Here are my two SSR drag trucks. The red truck is not done yet. https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=534643&stc=1&d=1539724766https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=534641&stc=1&d=1539724880
Looks like fun! Always liked the 1/25th scale slot cars

Nice! Especially the hood scoop - Ilsa needs one of those!
I did an actual scoop like this on one of my hoods, maybe not quite that big but looked huge to me. I have not seen it since

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,051 Posts
This really does bring back the memories. I remember as a kid hanging out at the slot car track hoping we would get asked to do this or that at the track and earn some track time. If there was a kid we all didn't like someone might boost up the track power in hopes of him either wrecking or burning up his motor. That someone might have to answer to a Higher Authority someday for doing that. lol

Dave

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Daverobertson, I remember those tracks from when I lived in Wichita. Geez, that was almost 50 years ago! I used to hang out at one on east Kellogg. I had a few cars but was never competitive.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Yes Mark went to that one myself. Spent most of my slot time on Seneca just north of pawnee. They had a eight lane big high banked figure eight. Used to have a few trophies.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts