Chevy SSR Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 FPR Black/Silver
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Here is our list as of 1/05. GREAT response. Thanks everyone. .

1. Roger and Marcia
2. Dicktator
3. tinyssnowplows
4. Steve and Bobbie
5. Amy and Jimmy
6. Tom and Nickie
7. Jeff and Debbie
8. Danny and Nancy
9. Nick and Adrianne
10. John and Jeanine
11. Chuckstr
12. Phil & Peggy
13. Richard
14. Dennis and Sandy
15. Dick and Rose
16. Cleve and Lucy
17. Kitty and Dave
18. Toby
19. John and Timmie
20. Pha
21. Capt Al and Phyllis
22. Eric and Judy
23. Jim Amish and Diane Daniel
24. Bev and Dean
25. Gina and Jim

I hope to nail down the place next week when we return. If anyone wishes to stay I will also list some places to stay.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 Silver SSR with Strips. Owned 16yrs. Start 9K, now 159K miles
13,992 Posts
Yes, we need some Hotel/Motels in the area please.

Dicktator

·
Registered
2005 Chevy SSR
12 Posts
Lakeside inn is downtown and nice place to stay. That would be my first recommendation. There is also a Hampton inn out on 441.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 FPR Black/Silver
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Will do Dick. Been out of the country and went to the Galapagos. Just got back this morning at 2am. Absolutely loved the Galapagos - what a beautiful trip. It has been on our want-to-do list for quite a few years.

Here is our list as of 1/11. GREAT response. Thanks everyone. .

1. Roger and Marcia
2. Dicktator
3. tinyssnowplows
4. Steve and Bobbie
5. Amy and Jimmy
6. Tom and Nickie
7. Jeff and Debbie
8. Danny and Nancy
9. Nick and Adrianne
10. John and Jeanine
11. Chuckstr
12. Phil & Peggy
13. Richard
14. Dennis and Sandy
15. Dick and Rose
16. Cleve and Lucy
17. Kitty and Dave
18. Toby
19. John and Timmie
20. Pha
21. Capt Al and Phyllis
22. Eric and Judy
23. Jim Amish and Diane Daniel
24. Bev and Dean
25. Gina and Jim
26. Pam and Roland

I will reach out to the couple of places that has the ability to feed 50 people for lunch. As rbrownx said, Lakeside inn is downtown and nice place to stay. There is also a Hampton inn out on 441. There are also several B & B's. I hope to have it downtown, so people can park and walk around downtown.

·
Premium Member
2006 FPR Black/Silver
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
1/14/2022 Update

Restaurant and Meal information

Here is the latest. I have been able to secure us seating for 50 +, - here in Mount Dora for lunch. I am also working on secure parking for all the SSR's together. As anyone knows, parking in downtown Mount Dora on a weekend can be challenging at best, but we have a great place to park. More to come on parking later.

With around 50 guests, many places wanted to rent us a room (of course at a rate), but through my contacts we have reserved essentially the top half of the restaurant. To make sure we receive the service we deserve, the restaurant (Pisces Rising) is requesting that we let them know ahead of our choices. All I ask is that you let me know what you would like at your earliest convenience. If some drop out or wish to come in addition to the list below, it's no problem. Just let me know.

The price of the lunch is set at $15 per person. This does not include tax, tip, or drinks. Checks will be individual checks to all parties, so we will not have to do any money in advance.

Our lunch will be hosted at Pieces Rising overlooking Lake Dora at 12:30 on Saturday, March 5th. Here is the specific information and menu choices:

Restaurant:
Pisces Rising Fresh Florida Seafood & Steak House
239 West Fourth Avenue
Mount Dora, Florida 32757

Menu Choices:

Shrimp Po Boy

Fried Shrimp, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Remoulade, and Cherry Peppers

Turkey Sandwich
Turkey, Arugula, Tomato, Bacon, Swiss Cheese, Cranberry Aioli on a House Made Pretzel Panini Bread

Brisket on a Biscuit
House Smoked Brisket, BBQ Sauce, Coleslaw, Pickles, and Beer Cheese Sacue all piled on a House made Buttermilk Biscuit

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
Grilled Chicken Breast Sliced & Served over
A Salad of Romaine Lettuce Tossed in Our Creamy Caesar Dressing & Topped with Fresh Parmesan Cheese

Buffalo Bomber
Crispy Chicken tenders in Buffalo Sauce, Tomato, Shaved Iceberg, Blue Cheese Crumbles, Bacon Crumbles, Nicoise Olives, Blue Cheese Dressing on a House Made Hoagie Roll

For anyone requesting hotel reservations to stay over, please see the previous thread entries. In addition to the Lakeside Inn and Hampton Inn Mount Dora, there are numerous B & B's in Mount Dora. I would suggest googling them. Most are just a few blocks away.

Please let me know your menu choices when you get a chance. Pisces is going to have place cards printed with our menu selections to help serve us. Again, no money is needed now - parties will be charged at the meal with individual checks.

Looking forward to seeing everyone March 5th!
---------------------
Here is our list as of 1/14. Thanks everyone.

1. Roger and Marcia
2. Dicktator
3. tinyssnowplows
4. Steve and Bobbie
5. Amy and Jimmy
6. Tom and Nickie
7. Jeff and Debbie
8. Danny and Nancy
9. Nick and Adrianne
10. John and Jeanine
11. Chuckstr
12. Phil & Peggy