Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As discussed in the Lennart thread (no, I don't forget that beer!), I have the crazy idea to organize a European meet for our toys...

It seems not easy to do, and it will not, if we wish to make it well.

So as for many things in life, we will be stronger and more efficient if we catch ideas and suggestions of all.

Also, starting one year before gave us more room to do it as best as possible.

This is how I try to proceed, after this thread:

1) Make a poll to choose between 4 dates, from June to August.

2) Make a poll to see how many people will be interested and from where they came.

3) Make a poll to choose the area, trying to center as well the meeting point.

4) Make a poll to choose the orientation of the meeting: more 'Show and BBQ' style or 'Cruise and Track' style, for example... If we can, I really like bring all SSR owners to the Nurburgring or Spa-Francorchamps, almost to do something like a parade, but that depends of the participants number.

5) Make publicity to the event, thru this board, other US cars boards (especially if we will not be enough and must catch/mix with other models, or integrate another more generalist US cars event) and other medias, because I think that many SSR owners live their life without be registered or very active in the internet community.

I certainly forgot many things or maybe wrong in others, but it's only the first draw and you are there to be the collective brain! :pokey:

So purpose of this thread will be, as it's identified, to have general discussion about it, and when we seem to catch the point, I write another thread to start Point 1 and on.

Thanks to all!

P.S: Of course, this thread it's not 'closed' or 'reserved' to European people, everyone is welcome to give their suggestion or better, when the event will be ready, came in person! :thumbs

P.S 2: In attempt to not braking board rules, I post this thread in the adequate section, but if Moderators accept to bring it to a more general section, it will be helpful to give more readability. It's in your hands.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,691 Posts
As discussed in the Lennart thread (no, I don't forget that beer!), I have the crazy idea to organize a European meet for our toys...

It seems not easy to do, and it will not, if we wish to make it well.

So as for many things in life, we will be stronger and more efficient if we catch ideas and suggestions of all.

Also, starting one year before gave us more room to do it as best as possible.

This is how I try to proceed, after this thread:

1) Make a poll to choose between 4 dates, from June to August.

2) Make a poll to see how many people will be interested and from where they came.

3) Make a poll to choose the area, trying to center as well the meeting point.

4) Make a poll to choose the orientation of the meeting: more 'Show and BBQ' style or 'Cruise and Track' style, for example... If we can, I really like bring all SSR owners to the Nurburgring or Spa-Francorchamps, almost to do something like a parade, but that depends of the participants number.

5) Make publicity to the event, thru this board, other US cars boards (especially if we will not be enough and must catch/mix with other models, or integrate another more generalist US cars event) and other medias, because I think that many SSR owners live their life without be registered or very active in the internet community.

I certainly forgot many things or maybe wrong in others, but it's only the first draw and you are there to be the collective brain! :pokey:

So purpose of this thread will be, as it's identified, to have general discussion about it, and when we seem to catch the point, I write another thread to start Point 1 and on.

Thanks to all!

P.S: Of course, this thread it's not 'closed' or 'reserved' to European people, everyone is welcome to give their suggestion or better, when the event will be ready, came in person! :thumbs

P.S 2: In attempt to not braking board rules, I post this thread in the adequate section, but if Moderators accept to bring it to a more general section, it will be helpful to give more readability. It's in your hands.

I think you are off to a good start and I will follow this thread with interest. I do not see much chance in getting my :blue: to Europe but I might give it a try to get me there. Stranger things have happened. Will enjoy the feedback from the European community.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ Cash :

Thanks Cash, as always, you're very helpful! It seems with the database in your link that 90 percent of the SSR are in Germany ! It will be more practical to attract them at the Nordschleife, hé hé !

@BlueStreak :

You have already understand it, but yes, bring yourself will be a good idea too!

·
Super Moderator
14,229 Posts
@ Cash :

Thanks Cash, as always, you're very helpful! It seems with the database in your link that 90 percent of the SSR are in Germany ! It will be more practical to attract them at the Nordschleife, hé hé !

@BlueStreak :

You have already understand it, but yes, bring yourself will be a good idea too! ��
For certain I do not know of all the SSR's in Europe but the records I do have show approximately 160 in north Europe (SWE, NOR, GER, Belgium etc) whereas I have less than 20 recorded in S. Europe (FRA, SP, IT etc)
Unless everyone is interested in holidaying in the south of France :) you may be better off resigning yourself to a more northerly venue to attract more interest.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, as I said previously... go to Nordschleife! ��

It's not logical that people living in bad weather countries are more SSR fans than the ones who can enjoy it every day...

Doctor Spock was true, humans are very illogical ! :)

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
A brilliant initiative Maximus. Very good idea with various polls! I will do my best to help with the preparations if needed, and of course I will attend the meeting, where ever it will be held. The participants in the Swedish meeting of 6 June will get all information about this. I'm pretty sure there will be more participants from Sweden than me.
//Lennart

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
SSR European Meeting 2016

Hi Maximus. Hi Lennart

An SSR meeting in Europe would be a great thing. I would be using it.
Of course with Bavarian Beer. :cheers

I'm curious what develops.

Kind regards

Roman

·
Harefield SSR
154 Posts
Just found your post regarding a meet in Northern Europe.
Great idea, put my name down on contact list.
I know 2 other UK based SSR's and trying to make v
Contact with others if anyone has any contact details I wil follow them up.
Hope to be retired next year so a great opportunity to get out on the road.
Keep me posted.
Mark Chapman
:yellow:
Might be good to also post in general discussion as have only just this thread.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Hi Guys,

was off for a while ... I´ll promise to visit the forum more often now.

That´s a great idea! I´m sometimes on US car meetings, but hardly find someone with a SSR. Even in Vaesteras in Sweden there was just one except me.

Unfortunately I cannot plan longterm due to business issues, but would be happy to join if possible.

AS I´m living in Aachen the Nordschleife is next to mey door (and a great racetrack too!)

So, whatever are you planning - keep me posted

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Doc Borneo:
Please let me know if you are going to Vasteras this eyar. Perhaps we can meet?
Unfortunately I didn't see you last year. I'm often i Vasteras. I live only 150 km from Vasteras.
//Lennart

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Dang...I just returned from Germany after being there three years...with my SSR! :mad

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Hi Lennart,

no unfortunately not, too many business trips this year.

My last time in Vaesteras was 2013 and it was awful! I really would like to go again - maybe next year?
Let´s stay in contact.

·
SSR Overseas, Ireland,
397 Posts
Hi all
New to this tread
There are a few SSR in Ireland too
Would be interested in European meet, again depending business & work commitments
Keep me in the loop
Richard

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
SSR European Meeting 2016

Hello everyone,

First I would like to praise the redesigned SSR Forum

wanted to ask what has become of the idea meet a SSR to organize.

Best regards and happy easter

Roman

·
it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
16,307 Posts
Hi Roman. I hope all is well with you and yours. Yes, I like the new format too. And I sure hope you all get together over there as I want to hear all about it and look at tons of your pictures. And want to know if there will be a raffle.....;)

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Maximus. I will keep my eyes open for the polls. I'm sure you get good response. I will do what I can to participate, and I will try to gett other cars from Sweden to participate.
I dont mean to hijack your thread, buti If you and others are interested to go to Sweden there will be a Swedish SSR meeting here in Askersund 4'th of june. Would be great if there was cars from other parts of Europé also.
//Lennart

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Now we have a Schedule for the meeting in Sweden.
Saturday 4'th june:
10 - 12 AM: Arriving to Hotel Norra Vattern in Askersund (there will be signs from the turnabout outside Askersund. Yes, there is only one)
After that there will be tours on small roads to lunch, a mine museum and dinner.
On saturday 5'th of june there will be an opportunity to do drag racing with our own cars. (Not on a race track, but in an industrial area)
Send me a PM or e-mail ([email protected]) if you need more details.
The meeting is open for every SSR in Europe. No, the whole World !
//Lennart

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
I wrote wrong. It should have been 10 - 12 AM instead of 10 - 12 PM.
Sorry for that.
//Lennart

***I changed it for you Lennart
In future, all you have to do is click the "Edit" bottom right of post, make changes, then "Save" - Cash

1 - 19 of 19 Posts