Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to take a quick minute to say thanks to the SSR family for all the help I received after tripping/falling during the Georgia rally. For all who rendered immediate assistance I have a very heartfelt thank you for being there. After coming back from the hospital I was greeted in the lobby by a great group of SSR Fanatics. Thank you, it was very humbling to be greeted that way. The continued support and concern over the next few days was very much appreciated and demonstrated the SSR family is there when needed. Even without getting to do all the rides and events, Jo and I had a wonderful time with the SSR family.
UPDATE:
The pain has become less intense and I drove for the first time today :party

One more note Mike of BluMnM is doing good after his back surgery this past week.

Oh yeah - Watch Your Step! :grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Sure glad you are doing OK. Was very Happy Nothing was broke. Eileen & I will keep you in our prayers & hope we will meet again. TrikeRider Lloyd

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
4,896 Posts
Because of you... I will remember two things One being my first SSR rally was Huntsville ...and second that my phone can get answered by 911 even if I am far from home

I do watch my step But I also watch for those Flat stones that pop up in front of you

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not in the immediate vicinity. She was at the Allman Bros big house and I was walking alone, returning from the SSR to the concert. The path was very mixed uneven stones, somewhat flat but certainly not the sidewalk it was intended to be as my foot found one stone that rose about 2 inches or better above level. They had us parked behind the mosque across the street as there is not enough space at the Allman Bros big house.

·
Crazy Horse
659 Posts
One big concern we had was people crossing the busy street to the the church. When it first happened I was afraid that it was because of the curb or a person getting struck by a car. I just froze for a second. Then waited for word. Thank god you were none of the above but just a trip and fall. But still serious enough to get seen by the ER . Take care Greg! Hope to see you Branson!

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
A quick funny story (for those not at the Rally/Banquet Dinner);

Greg laid on the grass for a good twenty minutes in the hot sun as we all waited for the ambulance to arrive.
As paramedics were getting Greg onto the gurney, our Alabama Brother lost consciousness from all the pain he was enduring.
Having just past out, Greg laid motionless and silent on the gurney as they wheeled him toward the ambulance.

But as the Med Techs hoisted Greg and the gurney onto the vehicle and locked it into place,
Greg pops his head up high and yells out in an excited voice...
..."HEY THEY'VE GOT AIR CONDITIONING IN HERE!!!"

I wanted to laugh and cry all at the same time.
Love ya Greg (aka "Rock and Roll")...glad to hear you're doing well.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Glad your doing better. I won't say I know how you felt/feel for a long time after your fall. I did the same type injury, to the tailbone, which took quite a bit of time to get over.

LargoSSR05

1 - 12 of 12 Posts