Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
Thanks, Marc

If possible, could you forward an email to Ventking that you're looking into the problem. Sure would like to keep him in the loop.

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
How about a sponsorship....

We are out recruiting new members how about we sponsor a new member so he gets standard membership and is able to post and pm to standard limits.
That person would register than include a pm to the Mod's with our handle as their sponsor and we would do the same with a pm to mod's with the new person info to confirm we are their sponsor . Just a thought to keep the c*@p out...:thumbs
That would give the new members standard limits to start and then who knows might become a supporting member. We need to do something to help new honest members...:D

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
We are out recruiting new members how about we sponsor a new member so he gets standard membership and is able to post and pm to standard limits.
That person would register than include a pm to the Mod's with our handle as their sponsor and we would do the same with a pm to mod's with the new person info to confirm we are their sponsor . Just a thought to keep the c*@p out...:thumbs
That would give the new members standard limits to start and then who knows might become a supporting member. We need to do something to help new honest members...:D
That I like!!!!!! I'll sponsor Mike. Just let me know how.:thumbs

·
Administrator
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I don't see Pay Pal ???

I don't see PayPal anywhere??? Below is what is I see for new membership payments.

To pay for your subscription, please click the order button next to your preferred payment method and follow the instructions on the following page.

Subscription: Supporting Member
Duration: 365 Days
Cost: US $25.00

Order Using Authorize.Net
To pay for your subscription using VISA or Mastercard through Authorize.Net click the button below and follow the onscreen instructions.

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
I don't see PayPal anywhere??? Below is what is I see for new membership payments.

To pay for your subscription, please click the order button next to your preferred payment method and follow the instructions on the following page.

Subscription: Supporting Member
Duration: 365 Days
Cost: US $25.00

Order Using Authorize.Net
To pay for your subscription using VISA or Mastercard through Authorize.Net click the button below and follow the onscreen instructions.
The previous two times I became a Supporting Member, I was able to use Paypal. It is no longer an option with the new upgrades.

I don't understand going away from Paypal which worked well to Authorize.net, which absolutely sucks. Any sellers on EBay using it cannot sell to other than US customers - same problem with Andale. Neither system seems able to give you the option of clicking onto an evaluation procedure to validate your credit card.

With the new system, any Canadian, Australian, or European supporting member is unable to renew, unless he goes to the trouble of going to his bank, getting a money order, and mailing it, with the additional cost of certified mail, then waiting two weeks for his status to be reinstated.:willy: :willy: :willy:

When you compound that with the problems with supporting memberships disappearing, no renewal notices allowing memberships to expire and new members not being able to get on the site, I'd have to say Troy needs to re-evaluate this system, and quickly before things go to hell in a handbasket.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
I have to say I agree there must be a better and easier method of payment. Pay Pal is very easy to use and so is using just a credit card too. I hope that we can get a tech person on our site soon to be able to answer our members concerns.

The method of screening is far from perfect... if I approve more members based on a more lax criteria then we will be getting more spammers sneaking in. However I will try to allow as many new members on quicker to not lose them because of the length of time for approval.

Please keep an eye out for spammers sneaking in. :skep

Thank you,

Sponsors or referals from current Fanatics or VIN numbers could be some additional info asked for when joining to speed up membership approval :)

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Some of the folks posting on this forum remind me of that gang from the old tv show, HeeHaw. You know the ones, singing, "Gloom, despair, and agony on me. Deep dark depression, excessive misery...." I signed up to join this group around Labor Day, and about a week later, I was onboard. That was fine; after all, I was joining a forum website, not lying on a gurney in the ER whilst my blood drained away. Soon after, I decided to pitch in my few dollars' worth, and paid with my VISA using Authorize.net, and managed to do so with no problems whatsoever. And, I've already received the credit card bill, and that was correct. Why the moaning and groaning over every thing all over this forum? Geez, you folks actually own SSRs...don't you appreciate how lucky you are?????

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Some of the folks posting on this forum remind me of that gang from the old tv show, HeeHaw. You know the ones, singing, "Gloom, despair, and agony on me. Deep dark depression, excessive misery...." I signed up to join this group around Labor Day, and about a week later, I was onboard. That was fine; after all, I was joining a forum website, not lying on a gurney in the ER whilst my blood drained away. Soon after, I decided to pitch in my few dollars' worth, and paid with my VISA using Authorize.net, and managed to do so with no problems whatsoever. And, I've already received the credit card bill, and that was correct. Why the moaning and groaning over every thing all over this forum? Geez, you folks actually own SSRs...don't you appreciate how lucky you are?????

Perhaps if my transaction had actually been processed as yours was, I wouldn't have the same concerns. However when you've been a member of this forum for several years and suddenly, without warning you can't send personal messages to other members that you normally communicate with daily, can't renew your membership and can't get a response from the forum administration, you might get a little concerned.

I'm happy to hear that your membership went smoothly, I just hope that the forum has resolved it's renewal procedure by the time renewal season rolls around again next year.

:silver:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Has your annual renewal time arrived?

If so or you don't remember then please read the following ...
Our normal renewal process is this... the SSRFanatic.com sends out an email to remind all their supporting members that their annual membership date is coming up soon. If they want to continue on as a Supporting Member they have to renew their subscription by submitting their membership dues of $25.00 so they can keep their Custom Avatars and all their extra PM storage space and other privileges and rewards as a Supporting Member.

HOWEVER: The site seems to be experiencing a glitch in the renewal notifications. Thus our members must check to see when their membership runs out. By viewing "Paid Subscriptions" area found in the User CP area, one can then verify when their renewal time is up. Please inform them of this so that they too won't lose their privileges i.e. extra PM storage and their custom Avatars etc.

Any other questions feel free to PM me or they can ask me in the sites "Help Forum" areas OK?

Thanks for your feed back and continued support. :)

Marc

Subscription????? When did this happen??????

·
Administrator
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
All Supporting Members must check their renewal dates...

Subscription????? When did this happen??????
All our Supporting Members must keep track of when their renewal / expiration date is. If they fail to renew their subscriptions on time their status will revert back to a regular member status and max number of PMs will be gone and their custom Avatar and settings can be lost as well. :skep

FYI: I am still waiting word on when will the email reminder notices will be reinstated since our newest software upgrades seem to have lost that functionality. :smash

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,143 Posts
I got an email reminder a couple days ago. I'm scheduled to expire tomorrow. Clicking the link on the email got me this:

dingbat, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

WTF?????

Going through the UserCP the payment option is through Authorize.net. I've never heard of them. I would like to use PayPal as I did in the past to renew. I don't really want to give CC info to a site I never heard of.

Troy- Are you getting PayPal set up again????

And FYI the email was addressed to Hello &username,

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
Ongoing problem for me as well.

I can't used authorize.net - refused to accept my address as a match, so I can't pay up.

Also waiting for Paypal to come back.

The irony is that if my supporting membership expires, I can't let anyone know by PM that a need to renew, unless I delete all my stored messages. One major reason for having a supporting membership is the ability to store a greater number of messages.:banghead

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I sent in my check, you should have it by now. I continue to check UserCP and paid sub. area, nothing found. Am I doing something wrong??? Advise and thanks. Scheide.

·
Registered
221 Posts
NEED PayPal

·
Premium Member
63,503 Posts
sent the money

Can you check on mine... I have sent in a check....but no supporting member yet..

Did the check bonce???? I sent it in the same time as my SSR payment...I know that check won't bonce...

blueroadster06

·
Registered
101 Posts
I paid last month why Am i not updatet yet ?????

Has your annual renewal time arrived?

If so or you don't remember then please read the following ...
Our normal renewal process is this... the SSRFanatic.com sends out an email to remind all their supporting members that their annual membership date is coming up soon. If they want to continue on as a Supporting Member they have to renew their subscription by submitting their membership dues of $25.00 so they can keep their Custom Avatars and all their extra PM storage space and other privileges and rewards as a Supporting Member.

HOWEVER: The site seems to be experiencing a glitch in the renewal notifications. Thus our members must check to see when their membership runs out. By viewing "Paid Subscriptions" area found in the User CP area, one can then verify when their renewal time is up. Please inform them of this so that they too won't lose their privileges i.e. extra PM storage and their custom Avatars etc.

Any other questions feel free to PM me or they can ask me in the sites "Help Forum" areas OK?

Thanks for your feed back and continued support. :)

Marc
??????????????????????

21 - 40 of 64 Posts