Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Yeah, that sounds more like it!

I was thinking ..... wondering if it would PO this guy if I asked him to post us a copy of that paper work! Then said to myself, "Well, I don't believe him, but what the heck." Glad you straightened it out. I still think that my 42,500 is about the cheapest one that has been sold. Of course my MSRP was only 44,000! Mine is not fully loaded, but is not the bottom of the line either. I have the 1SB package which has seats, etc.

·
Registered
83 Posts
less than $42,000

I don't know if there's a catch to these prices, but look at the cars.com web site. Do a search on new Chevrolet SSR within all miles of the US. Click on the price to go from lowest price to highest price. There are 5 listed at less than $42,000. I haven't contacted the dealers, but I did check the VIN# against GMbuypower to get the MSRP prices and Kelley's Blue Book to get the invoice prices of the ones listed on cars.com.

The one listed at Andrew Chevrolet for $41,620 has an MSRP of $45,635. That makes it $4,015 under MSRP and $901 below invoice. Andrew Chevrolet is in Glendale, WI and the 2004 SSR is Smokin Asphalt and is VIN#7268. If this is not a typo on the dealers part this price is a STEAL!!!!!!!

One at Nesenger in Medford, NY is listed for sale at $41,370 and has an MSRP of $44,345. So thats $2,975 under MSRP and $25 below invoice. This 2004 SSR is Slingshot Yellow with VIN#5378.

Another at Nesenger is listed for $41,995. It's MSRP is $44,655 making the sale price $2,660 under MSRP and $344 over invoice. Smoking Asphalt is the color of this SSR. It is a 2004 model and the VIN# is 7421.

Mike Pallone of Springfield, VA still has one listed on cars.com, but it is no longer on GMbuypower, so it may have been sold. It is listed for $41,961 and had an MSRP of $44,130. The sale price was $2,169 under MSRP and $762 over invoice. It was Smokin Asphalt with VIN#2773 and it was a 2003 model.

Lastly there is a 2004 Redline Red listed by Bay Chevrolet of Norfolk, VA. It's listed for $41,860 and has an MSRP of $43,910. That's $2,050 under MSRP and $850 over invoice. The VIN# is 4309.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I hope this helps someone up north get a GREAT DEAL. Maybe it's only a matter of time before this pricing is nationwide. Of course not to leave out the Canadians, I hope your pricing comes down as well.
:lurk :lurk :lurk

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
Thanks, SLK

Very well researched. I hadn't checked cars.com before, so that'll become a regular stop for me. Pricing is even lower than the EBay results - lowest sold so far was 43900 for an 04. I'd been checking autotrader.com, but pricing there so far has been quite high.

If anyone is ready to upgrade to an 04 at those prices, I'm ready for your 6 month/6000 mile 03 - prefer something west of the rockies, not driven in salt or sand.

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
Hey SLK320SSR
How did you come up with pricing on new SSR's at cars.com? I can get pricing on used ones but the new car search leads me to where I have to email dealers. Is there some link on the home page that I am missing?:confused

·
Registered
83 Posts
It works, but......

I just tried the link I posted. If the Search New Cars comes up with dashes in the Make and Model area, just try hitting reload on your web browser until the Make & Model areas come up with Acura & All. Then you can select Chevrolet & SSR, your zip code, and All to find all the SSR's advertised in the US. Then click on Search to find the new cars on the dealers lots.

:lurk :cheers :lurk

·
Registered
87 Posts
CURRENT PRICING

Did anyone think that the initial dealer pricing would hold up? Come on, there are new 'toys' coming on the market all the time.

Most every dealer in the major markets have two or three parked out front. The market for these things is really quite small.

Bottom line..... drive 'em, have fun with 'em. Don't look at them as an investment. Very few make money off of hobbies and/or passions.

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
SSR disappeared from EBay

I'm scratching my head over this one. Auction #2468244217 was for a 03 in black, with 23 miles on it. It wasn't showing a reserve, and had 16 bids, stalling at $41100, scheduled to end this afternoon. Sometime within the last hour, the listing changed. It's no longer available for sale, shows a starting bid of $10000, and a lowered reserve of $38500 or so. So reserve had been met, someone was at $41100, but it's not for sale any more - I would be choked if I was the high bidder, and was within hours of landing my toy. Sounds like the dealer got cold feet and yanked it because the price was too low for his liking.:confused

·
Registered
407 Posts
I went to Nessenger in Medford, NY to check this out cause it is close to my house and regardless of what their SSR's are listed for as you walk in they say they are adding on $10,000 as a 'special price'. I should have driven back in my SSR that I paid sticker for!

I suspect these kinds of add-ons are going with the lower numbers.

I hope more people do get deals. I am still ahppy that i paid sticker cause I have the car rather than it sitting on a lot and not in my driveway.

Rick:cool

F

·
0 Posts
Paid $42,095 new for my 03 In Dec in Tx

Actually paid 42,095-1500=$40,595 with my GM Card rebate. Red #1005.

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
Bill Heard Chevy in Orlando just let one go on Ebay for $45,488. MSRP was $46,490. Thats $1002.00 under MSRP. They had two more listed that the bid of $44,100.33 didn't meet reserve.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts