Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This video demonstrates the steps to replace the front brake pads and rotors for the 2003 to 2006 Chevrolet SSR pickup.

In the "Description" section of the YouTube video, I have a list of installation steps with clickable times that let you jump to that section of the video.

Here's a link to the video if you prefer to view the video on the YouTube site or if you cannot see the YouTube player widget at the lower portion of this post.

YouTube: SSR Front Brake Pads and Rotors - Installation

·
Registered
46 Posts
I discovered a siezed front passenger caliper on my '03 SSR, so I ended up purchasing the Power Stop Z36 front and rear kits and did the job over 4th July weekend. This video was INVALUABLE to me! In addition to your instructions, I wire-wheeled the hubs and the wheel backs and added a coat of anti-sieze so they're easier to remove next time. A note to others, torque settings are different on rears, so don't forget to look them up. At 148 lb/ft + thread locker, it was all I could do to break those rear caliper bolts loose! Otherwise, it was a textbook replacement. I flushed the brakes before this changeout so all I had to do was bleed the ends/calipers once the parts were in, bed the shoes in (burnish) and it was good to go!

Thanks for taking the time to put this video together. I'm not a mechanic by trade so I can use all the help I can get. Really good video, felt great to do this myself, saved $ hundreds on it, too!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts