Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,102 Posts
Follow up?

I took a quick look around their site. Their Contact infor says they are in Hollywood, Florida. Perhaps one of the local contingent could pay them a visit and get connected. I'll bet it is the owner's SSR with the graphics.....

Y'all awake yet in Florida? Besides Wally?

Mike

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
The biggest drawback to vinyl is that in three to four years, it fades, peels off and cracks from the sun and the weather. When you remove it, your paint has faded where the graphics were not and don't fade where the graphics were, giving you an interesting ghost flame look. They can do some pretty cool photoshop tricks on vinyl though that are hard to match with actual paint.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Hey I remember that SSR being one here.... bet he doesn't come on now didn't get a very good response from someone who had a great paint job and alot of money to spend on it. This was a fast and inexpensive version and in case you didn't like it removable !!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, Hollywood

Just off I-95 and Sterling Road. I will try to get by there in the coming weeks as I will be in S. FL for a week or two and want to see what these guys can do.

As for the fading, etc., I'm sure it could be a problem but the type of material used has a big deal to do with the cracking and peeling of the vinyl. As for the paint...how many of you leave the SSR out in the elements all day most of the week? I do, but that is just me as it is my daily driver! I have graphics on another car for over 5 years and still no peeling or cracking and they still look new. Of course I don't know if the paint has faded.

Wally

1 - 6 of 6 Posts