Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Due to the Corona-virus pandemic most of us are now pretty much confined to our homes these days. So I thought perhaps this might be a good time for all of us to perhaps start digging through some of our older SSR history files on our computers and or DVDs and share some of our collected history images/ files.

*All kinds of random different photos I am finding and posting.
2006 Silver 2 Tone SSR with Brickyard Pace.JPG David Kimble Cutaway.jpg Red KimballTopView.jpg KimballChassis.jpg 1Vintage SSR.jpg

Rick Wagoner driving a pilot 2003 SSR at the Woodward Dream Cruise back in 2003 as a bystander shouts out "...Where is mine?"

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ray Hobble showing off one of the limited 12-SSR Pace car posters before they were all signed at a SSR luncheon with GM Mgt., Engineers, Designers and SSRFanatics in the Detroit area.
Glen Durmisevich one of GM's SSR designers signing posters. P1010045.JPG
Doug Ungemach who created the SSR's original sketch design P1010033.JPG
Ed Ivey, GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer, signing my SSR engine cover insert P1010034.JPG

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,660 Posts
Lots of nice pictures there. Need to do some editing to add names or locations.:p

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lots of nice pictures there. Need to do some editing to add names or locations.:p
Yes indeed I will start to add names etc. I am randomly posting some photo files that I am finding on my computer. I was hoping perhaps others might want to add some of their interesting photos too. 😁

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I was hoping some of members might want to post some old SSR memorabilia, adds and or magazine covers etc.

Below was a surprise packet that I and other SSR owners had received after we had been invited to the 2004 WDC. Chevrolet was unveiling the new 2005 SSR at a Reveal party at Coney Island.

Magazine cover

·
Tech Support/Research
1,549 Posts
Here is a photo of the original concept truck, from a "GM Concept Vehicles 2000" portfolio issued in February of that year. Nine other GM prototypes were featured.

The original SSR concept vehicle was described as having a reconfigurable bench seat/child seat/armrest with automatic transmission controls on the steering wheel. An instrument panel mounted door concealed controls for the climate control system, stereo (including navigation), weather access and Windows computer with internet and e-mail access. OnStar was also included. A power tailgate, operated remotely from the key fob, was also advertised.

CHCV_8009_005H.jpg

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
39,908 Posts
Thanks for sharing !!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Marc
Interesting assortment of pictures. I am interested in the picture of Ray Hobble. The SSR he is standing by appears to be a Flame Truck. The seat covers are different but the colors look very similar. Can you give any other information about the picture and the truck?

Thanks and be safe everyone
John

·
SSR Believer
1,042 Posts
Here is a photo of the original concept truck, from a "GM Concept Vehicles 2000" portfolio issued in February of that year. Nine other GM prototypes were featured.

The original SSR concept vehicle was described as having a reconfigurable bench seat/child seat/armrest with automatic transmission controls on the steering wheel. An instrument panel mounted door concealed controls for the climate control system, stereo (including navigation), weather access and Windows computer with internet and e-mail access. OnStar was also included. A power tailgate, operated remotely from the key fob, was also advertised.

View attachment 575421
Great info! Seems like they slashed a lot of "extras", many of which didn't show up on vehicles until years later, or ever.

The previous owner of our R gave us a hard copy of this photo which I've framed. Looking at it with fresh eyes, I just noticed how much the stance changed, particularly the height and especially the front wheel well to tire ratio. It almost looks as if the engine is missing. Sheesh!

Thanks to @Marc NY for starting this thread. A little fun while we're sequestered. (y)

1 - 20 of 91 Posts