Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,473 Posts
The site has gotten more awesome with all the interesting stuff being posted..the only thing good coming out of all this nuttiness..I might have posted before but, here they are again for your loooking pleasure. I purchased these slides, from a fellow that worked on the SSR, and had them digitized.

Attachments

·
Tech Support/Research
1,549 Posts
Here's a lineup of SSRs outside the GM Renaissance Center prior to the August, 2004 Woodward Dream Cruise. SSR VIN No. 304, one of the red/white/blue NASCAR/IRL/ALMS Pace Trucks, is in the lineup. Behind it is a "Police" SSR from Royal Oak, MI in silver with ghost flames. Note also the Tri-Five Chevys in the background.

RenCen 2004.jpg

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
1,658 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,660 Posts

1. Niagara-on-the-Lake Ontario Volunteer FD
2. Concept Tire
3. Last built SSR
4. Last built with Concept

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
POWER POINT #1

I just located the 2 Power Point presentations that I had received from one of the engineers from ASC back in 2006 who had been working on the 2007 SSR MY refresh. I had also spoke to someone in the program back at the 2005 WDC who said that the SSR floor pan was being modified to meet the new safety regulations that were coming out in 2007.

*The slides were put together in preparation for GM to review and approve for the 2007 MY SSR refresh. I thought I would share this information again with our group.
Picture2.jpg Picture3.jpg Picture4.jpg Picture5.jpg Picture6.jpg Picture7.jpg Picture8.jpg Notice the holes for the Bow Tie (2) & SSR (4) badges are shown in the rear tail gate.

·
Tech Support/Research
1,549 Posts
Here is one of the very early production 2003 SSRs doing pace truck duty during an IRL race at Pikes Peak International Raceway. The livery changed on these trucks when used in IRL. At times a large IRL logo was on the fender (as seen in this photo), at other times a smaller logo was seen within the red/white/blue banner along the side on the front fender. Two of these trucks were later repainted and became the "flame" pace trucks used in NASCAR Nextel Cup Series.

Yellow SSR IRL.JPG

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,243 Posts
Marc
Interesting assortment of pictures. I am interested in the picture of Ray Hobble. The SSR he is standing by appears to be a Flame Truck. The seat covers are different but the colors look very similar. Can you give any other information about the picture and the truck?

Thanks and be safe everyone
John
Agreed, the paint job of the R with Ray Hobble in post 3 does definitely appear to be similar to the Flame Pace trucks. Due to the mirror color (more yellow), I would say more like the ‘05 pace trucks. That being said, as John points out, none of the Flame trucks had yellow inserts in the seats. Also the rear spoiler looks different in height and support columns than the aftermarket spoilers that members have installed. Plus none of the Flame Pace trucks had a rear spoiler.

Maybe, Marc, Dale or Dan know more about the picture and truck because it is definitely an interesting mystery.

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Signed SSR Concept Poster #3 signed by designers was auctioned off on eBay. Remaining #s of 500 posters were sold on ChevyMall

Auction SSR Concept Poster.JPG Auction SSR Concept Poster SSR Design Team.JPG Annotation 2020-03-20 123753.jpg
*I was lucky to be able to get one of the signed posters that came out of the Ren-Center in Detroit and is hanging up in my garage.
Poster Prototype.jpg Another Smaller Poster 8" x 11" --> Prototype SSR Poster.jpg Prototype SSR Poster Info.jpg

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Marc
Interesting assortment of pictures. I am interested in the picture of Ray Hobble. The SSR he is standing by appears to be a Flame Truck. The seat covers are different but the colors look very similar. Can you give any other information about the picture and the truck?

Thanks and be safe everyone
John
Agreed, the paint job of the R with Ray Hobble in post 3 does definitely appear to be similar to the Flame Pace trucks. Due to the mirror color (more yellow), I would say more like the ‘05 pace trucks. That being said, as John points out, none of the Flame trucks had yellow inserts in the seats. Also the rear spoiler looks different in height and support columns than the aftermarket spoilers that members have installed. Plus none of the Flame Pace trucks had a rear spoiler.

Maybe, Marc, Dale or Dan know more about the picture and truck because it is definitely an interesting mystery.
Sorry, but I don't have any information pertaining to that SSR. Perhaps the owner of that SSR or a friend of the owner is a member of our group and might have some more details on that SSR.

EDIT: I do think it is Ray's SSR for if I remember correctly, Ray had just pulled out the posters from that SSR to show me what they looked like before he took them into the SSR fanatics and GM Mgt. gathering.
Pace SSR Posters.JPG
*Below is my poster which is number 6/12
Pace SSR Poster.jpg Pace Poster Info.jpg

21 - 40 of 91 Posts