Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Due to the Corona-virus pandemic most of us are now pretty much confined to our homes these days. So I thought perhaps this might be a good time for all of us to perhaps start digging through some of our older SSR history files on our computers and or DVDs and share some of our collected history images/ files.

*All kinds of random different photos I am finding and posting.
View attachment 575373 View attachment 575374 View attachment 575375 View attachment 575376 View attachment 575377

Rick Wagoner driving a pilot 2003 SSR at the Woodward Dream Cruise back in 2003 as a bystander shouts out "...When can I get one?" View attachment 575378
I was hoping some of members might want to post some old SSR memorabilia ads and or magazine covers etc.

Below was a surprise packet that I and other SSR owners had received after we had been invited to the 2004 WDC. Chevrolet was unveiling the new 2005 SSR at a Reveal party at Coney Island.
View attachment 575403

Magazine cover
View attachment 575401

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Marc, this was a very SPECIAL GIFT TO US ALL..... THANK YOU FOR SHARING ALL YOUR INCREDIBLE FILES AND KNOWLEDGE WITH THE HUGE SSR FOLLOWERS AND OWNERS. My beautiful Ricochet Silver SSR was my personal vehicle #17 and purchased in 2004.... it joined my #16 vehicle, the H2 HUMMER and had pink ghost flames added by artist Roy Dunn. It was very well enjoyed wherever I went... thumbs up. I had no idea what a wonderful SSR Family I would become part of as I bought it totally unaware of any information about its performance, bells and whistles... but merely because of its MIND-BOGGLING SHAPE!
Through the years, you Marc have been a great resource for us and I thank you deeply for your support and advice. We are sooooooo tickled to have been part of the fabulous fun shared by the love of a HOT LITTLE TRUCK !
Sue Campbell

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thank You Sue for all your kind words... 🥰 I have enjoyed being a member of this awesome SSR family! No where else on the internet is there such a fun loving group of members. They have been here for many years to help each other out. From Mike in AZ to Dicktator who without their great knowledge and support we would be surely lost.

·
Tech Support/Research
1,549 Posts
Sorry, but I don't have any information pertaining to that SSR. Perhaps the owner of that SSR or a friend of the owner is a member of our group and might have some more details on that SSR.

EDIT: I do think it is Ray's SSR for if I remember correctly, Ray had just pulled out the posters from that SSR to show me what they looked like before he took them into the SSR fanatics and GM Mgt. gathering.
View attachment 575578
*Below is my poster which is number 6/12
View attachment 575583 View attachment 575584
Over the years I have seen photos of at least two SSRs painted to resemble the flame pace trucks. Some may recall one that was a promotional vehicle for a hair cutting salon. Looking very closely at the photo of this truck, it has an aftermarket Plexiglas windscreen installed- one with an SSR logo. As Gary and John have pointed out, the authentic pace trucks do not have raised wing style spoilers nor yellow seat inserts, at least in any photos I’ve ever seen, and all of the pace trucks I’ve seen have black upholstery. Neither does the truck in the photo appear to show any graphics from any race on the door. In all GM promotional photos of these cars on display, graphics from the current or last race paced were installed. Consistent with Marc’s editorial comment, it would appear this is not an authentic pace truck but an SSR customized and personalized for its owner. A closer visual examination to determine if it had pace truck features like the strobe lights, suspension modifications and the like would confirm this, but to the best of my knowledge from the folks who did the modifications for GM, there were only eleven SSR pace trucks built. This truck would be a true outlier if it had any of those modifications.

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Dan (snomuncher) Ray Hobble was the gentleman who was the guy selling those plexiglas windscreens called "Windsuppresor" back then. I don't believe his truck was a pace vehicle but that he had it customized to look like that.

·
Tech Support/Research
1,549 Posts
Dan (snomuncher) Ray Hobble was the gentleman who was the guy selling those plexiglas windscreens called "Windsuppresor" back then. I don't believe his truck was a pace vehicle but that he had it customized to look like that.
Thank you, Marc, for the clarification...another question resolved.

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
I am going through my SSR storage bins and found some nice SSR rally patches from all around. Also have a book marker that the SSR Fanatics gave to the LCC employees. Hmmm I forgot who actually made them up?
SSR Patches.jpg
Also found some more Lansing Craft Centre Stickers and 3D glasses. NOW: can anyone guess which size LCC sticker goes where on the SSR?
LCC Stickers.jpg

Also located my SSR PINS & Tuo-Tone SSR Pins! Many Thanks to Sussie 😁

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
While I was rummaging around I found my OEM Tailgate Warning TAG. I scanned it and made up a .JPG and .PNG images for anyone who might want to save it and then print-out for their own SSR tailgate.

This tag was hanging down inside the drop down Tool Storage compartment area.
Tailgate Warning Tag.jpg Tailgate Warning Tag.png Found some SSR CHEVY TRUCKS Exterior Colors 2006 Color Chart.jpg 2005 Color Chart.jpg 2004 Color Chart.jpg *However, I need the 2003 Color Chart

·
Tech Support/Research
1,549 Posts
The article from the October 2000 "GM Edge" magazine, including info that the SSR will be a production vehicle.
Edited: Dan, I took the liberty and tried color correcting, straightening, cropping and trying to Photoshop out the center creases in the middle of the magazine article with not a whole of great success in blending in the two pages. MC :rolleyes:

SSR Edge1 Compress.jpg SSR Edge2 Compress.jpg WDC RW.jpg

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Just think about the size, weight and complexity of the retractable roof mechanism if that one was ever to exist.
Looking at the image of the 4 door SSR it was definitely Photoshoped. Look at the blue arrows I photoshoped into the photo they point to signs of poor Photoshopping. Also the rear doors are way too short and the passenger compartment is way to small.

EDIT: *Another big give away areas are the top of the driver's side rear door is not even close to being in the proper alignment with the front door (red arrow) and also the rear consul was taken from the front consul area and then was duplicated in the rear seat area. 😵
4seat.jpg

·
SSR Believer
1,043 Posts
Plus i
Looking at the image of the 4 door SSR it was definitely Photoshoped. Look at the blue arrows I photoshoped into the photo they point to signs of poor Photoshopping. Also the rear doors are way too short and the passenger compartment is way to small.

EDIT: *Another big give away areas are the top of the driver's side rear door is not even close to being in the proper alignment with the front door (red arrow) and also the rear consul was taken from the front consul area and then was duplicated in the rear seat area. 😵
View attachment 575664
Plus other than a limo, I’ve never seen a vehicle with a wall between the front and back seat. Fun to look at though. ;)

41 - 60 of 91 Posts