Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The SSR had its first hit today. It was parked at the Red Lobster and somebody hit it pretty good in the right rear and caved in the back fender. They decided not to stick around after they hit it. Oh well, I guess this is an example of why our insurance premiums are so high.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Damn! I hate to hear something like this. What is worse is that someone probably saw it and didn't step up.
I hope it gets repaired fast! :seeya

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
go to the Insurance agant Monday

Well I get to go to the insurance agent Monday and see what happens then. Anyone have any advice on this situation????

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
jleas524 said:
Well I get to go to the insurance agent Monday and see what happens then. Anyone have any advice on this situation????
Don't tell them you been drinking...?

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
jleas524 said:
They will probably need a police report. Did you report it and get one???

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have a police report and insurance estimate. Now I need to find a shop that can do the work good enough. Insurance company is also taking about reimbursment for depreciation (sp?).

·
Premium Member
19,809 Posts
fender bender bummer

in other threads about getting hit some one spoke of loss of value and collected extra money maybe you can find that thread so you can see how it was done

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Times have changed over the years.
Hit-&-Run's (of all kinds) hardly ever happened. People took responsibility for their actions. Accidents were things you admitted, fixed and got on with life.

Now it's (except for the few honest people still left) the other way. An accident means go run and hide, admitt nothing, see how much you can get out of the situation and claim for everything possible..... Then Insurance (all types) USED to cover almost everything. Not today, it means take a chance with my insurance..........

Sorry, I just vent sometimes over things I can't fix and have to live with....

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
jleas524: The xpression you are talking about is actually "Diminshed value".

I did a lengthy post on this here last year, and if you search for it using "diminished value", you will find out what it is all about. It IS important.

Jim G

1 - 11 of 11 Posts