Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the "Craft Centre Tour" thread under national events the question has come up about what happened to the video/dvd that was "promised" by a young guy that weekend. That young guy is my nephew and he has been working on it, but since he still is in high school his school work is #1. Going over 14 +hrs of video and over 2500 digital pics takes time and when he's finished we'll let you know.

This video is separate from anything being considered for the next possible LCC Event.

Another reason the video is not out yet is because of some negative comments made to him about making money from the Homecoming video. He felt let down since he had such a great time that weekend. Over the past month his interest has been renewed while we watched some of the video and pics. There are alot of other's(on this site) that are making money off their SSR items and he should be entitled something to cover his expenses. He has come up with some great design ideas so you wouldn't just recieve a generic looking dvd........

To those that were very encouraging to him that weekend, he remembers and considers you a friend and look forward to seeing you in the future.

see ya down the blvd......................kroozn

PS Remember that Santa is checking his list and checking it twice..............have you been naughty or nice?

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,062 Posts
Where does the line form?

Even though I wasn't there either, I really would like to have a copy. I was about 10 days too late to get signed up for that road trip.

Just tell me where to send the check.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Video

Sign me up for one .That homecoming has been the highlight of owing a SSR

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Gladly Pay

kroozn

I personally think your nephew should profit from his hard work. I see nothing wrong with it. I would love to have a copy and if paying him puts me first in line. Then I want to be #1. Having video footage of that day is a great keepsake. Many have said they were putting items together but so far no one has.

Tell your nephew I've been on Santa's nice list for MOST of this year :lol :lol

B

·
0 Posts
hotrodgirl said:
kroozn

I personally think your nephew should profit from his hard work. I see nothing wrong with it. I would love to have a copy and if paying him puts me first in line. Then I want to be #1. Having video footage of that day is a great keepsake. Many have said they were putting items together but so far no one has.

:agree :agree :yesnod :yesnod :seeya
I would like 2 when ready. Just say how much to who.

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Count me in for one as well.

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Premium Member
6,370 Posts
hotrodgirl said:
kroozn

:thumbs
I had a chance to personel meet and talk to your Nephew in Kalamazoo when you guys stopped for breakfest that morning on your way to the Homcoming.
What a great young man. He will go far in whatever career he chooses to go into!

Scott 0168 :ssr

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Kroozn: I may have been the one that used the "promised" word. I was refering to the GM and SSR people, even TV people who were out filming our entrance, etc. They were the ones (SSR people) that told me a copy would be available to all of us later. It's now later and I was wondering what ever happened to there finished copies. Sorry, I didn't mean to put any pressure on your son. Dave "Scheide"

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scheide said:
Kroozn: I may have been the one that used the "promised" word. I was refering to the GM and SSR people, even TV people who were out filming our entrance, etc. They were the ones (SSR people) that told me a copy would be available to all of us later. It's now later and I was wondering what ever happened to there finished copies. Sorry, I didn't mean to put any pressure on your son. Dave "Scheide"

Dave,
My reference wasn't directed at you. Actually he is my nephew but I won't hold that against you......No that he has a few days off for the holiday he's been working hard on the dvd of homecoming. No promise to have it ready before Christmas since he has finals and project due in a few weeks.

I appreciate everyones patience. The reporters that interviewed me at Homecoming also promised to send me the news video clips and the paper articles, but then that's typical of many of those people.

hope ya had a great Thanksgiving!
kroozn

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,201 Posts
news clips

the clips are availablefor us to purchase.

Channel 10 out of the Lansing area has sent me theirs. For a small fee of course.

Contact the news web site and request of copy of the clip. you will have to fill out a form aas to why you want it and that you will not resell any copies , etc. The downfall is that it's on video cassette and not DVD. I ordered it to keep with the SSR memorabilia collection.

The contact I had was [email protected] , and the video was aired Aug. 19, 2005 at 10:00 pm, and labeled 2005 SSR Homecoming.

It took me a couple of weeks of emails, but finally received it in the mail in Sept.

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
Kroozn,

I'd like a copy of the video as well. Work and distance made the homecoming impossible, but would have loved to have been there. I'll send you a PM with the information.

As far as making money on it, I believe that is the free enterprise system. I can't make a living by giving anything away. Your nephew is finding out the hard way that there are dirtbags and whiners in every field - he needs to feed off the positive comments, and let the negative ones roll right off. Sometimes, the best education is out of the classroom.

I would encourage him to continue with the project - he put in the groundwork, and the profits are the reward. If someone doesn't feel there should be a profit made, they should have been there with a video camera taking in the whole thing. If they were there, and didn't want to take the time out to do the video themselves, well, silence is a virtue.

Ray

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Yes, I would love to have one of those Homecoming Video's! It would be a great keepsake from that event. If for nothing else then to show my wife I really went. :glol Seriously, though, I want one fo the video's when he puts it together, just let me know when and how much.

·
Registered
97 Posts
video

I would like to have 2 when they are available, my friends that were along with my wife and I in that generic looking 69 Chevelle :lol would like a copy also. My wife and I both talked with your nephew and were impressed with that young man, he should have a bright future ahead of him. He just needs to learn that there will always be a few jerks out there no matter what you are trying to do. Looking forward to the video whenever he gets it done. :seeya

1 - 16 of 16 Posts