Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received an email from Ken Kovacik, Sr Account Executive - Chevy Club Connection about the SSR Homecoming on 8/19.

You can see from his email he has sent it out to large number of people. I count about 88 email addresses on the mailing I got. So if they all come, it should be a pretty good event.

Since all of you who signed up will be getting the email I'll just summarize what he said and add some information for thought.

He's made two suggestions as to where to stay, either in Lansing or Warren.

For those that stay in Warren he's going to have a "parade" of SSR's leave from a location in Warren at 7:00 AM and drive to the Lansing Craft Centre, I guess to make an entrance to start the SSR Homecoming on 8/19. I'm not from the area, but according to Map Quest the distance from where he's meeting in Warren to the Lansing Craft Center is about 86 plus miles, which should take about 1 and half hours to do. So it seems this will be a long "parade".

You could stay in Lansing, but he doesn't mention anything about "parading" around Lansing to the Lansing Craft Centre, so I would assume if you want to join a "parade" you must go to Warren where one will start.

Staying in Warren has two advantages, first, for those staying in Warren he's asking if there's interest of a tour of the GM Heritage Museum on Thursday night (8/18) and second, it's very close to Woodward Ave, which will have the Woodward Dream Cruise that starts on Saturday (8/20). So after the SSR Homecoming on 8/19 you'll be real close to do the Woodward Dream Cruise the next day.

My wife and I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Warren.

8/15/05 - Changed to Courtyard Marroitt in Warren. If you become a rewards member (free) and use code M11 for staying from Thursday to Sunday (you get free breakfasts), the cost is $67 per night plus tax.

See you there.
Carl and Debbi

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Damn,.. I dont think I got an e-mail... I have been out of town but recieved nothing. Could you forward that e-mail to me?

[email protected]

Has anyone recieved a phone call?

·
Premium Member
6,411 Posts
No phone call here, just a confirmed e-mail. Give us you email address and I will look on my list. There were 88 address on the list.

Scott 0168 :thumbs

·
Registered
10,950 Posts

I have received a phone call and an email.
The phone call just asked for the same information that was requested in the email.
I did find the email in the Junk Email folder for my Hotmail account. I guess since it was sent to many people at once, Hotmail thought it was junk email.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,841 Posts

please check for... ed ryall ... ruthven ontario... thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
E-mails

I recieved an e-mail last week and sent Ken a e-mail back with the info he wanted, and recieved a second one today with more info about whats planed. It gives a itinerary for those who have RVSP'd but does not say exactly if I am on the list or not, the attachments are kind of screwed up. Has anyone else gotten one of these? :confused

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SSR Homecoming Event Details - Update

I wasn't on the board yesterday so I missed the call for the first email.

I'll be able to sent it out to anyone who needs it tomorrow. I'm leaving shortly for a motorcycle ride.

I got a second message from Ken but the attachments got filtered out by my DoD email system.

If anyone has a good copy, could they sent me one at my wife's email address which is [email protected].

Please note that it's an underscore after the "d" and before the "savillo".

Thanks
Carl

1 - 12 of 12 Posts