Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who all is going to Lansing Mi. Aug. 19 for the homecoming besides me?

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
Sorry BobA , I'll be just returning from Scotland. I have a business trip schedule upon my return.

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
Lansing

My wife & I will also be attending.
Doug & Margo

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
I want to go as well.. sounds like a rode trip. Is this a sure thing, that we can get in? Or is it a first to get there and register, gets in?

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,594 Posts
Link Coming soon

Focks said:
... Is this a sure thing, that we can get in? Or is it a first to get there and register, gets in?
There is going to be a special link coming soon off of our site that will allow those that want to attend a chance to sign up for the full days events.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Focks, are you going? and who else from our wonderful SW section. We are going to leave wed morn some time.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Bob,
Which route are you planning on taking up?

Still trying to finalize my plans as to if I am going for sure or not, but I'd like to get some kind of plans in the works for the trip up.

Later,
Ron

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Well I have thought about going, but have to admit I was going if I got a call to do a tour of the plant, and without it, I probally wont make it. I was going to question them about the rumor about there being a wiring harness available for the 2005, that would allow people to use a XM radio with the radio already in the dash, and NOT have to use an after market radio.. however, if I dont get that call,, I am sending my car in for a custom paint job across the hood.

Desicions decisions

Has anyone gotten a call from them?

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
You can install XMDirectly to the factory radio. I have it on mine for 8 months.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I don't think any of us will get a call till later in the week. regis. just ended friday. I bet all of us get a call. thats why I put my moble # on the regis. You some one will be on the board when they get a call. :flag :ssr :seeya

I did not want the factory radio to stay. that is why I did not go that route. There is no comparision to the factory to what I have in the SSr now. If you are at Decator sat I will show you. I guess let you hear the difference. :thumbs :ssr :seeya

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RonC said:
Bob,
Which route are you planning on taking up?

Still trying to finalize my plans as to if I am going for sure or not, but I'd like to get some kind of plans in the works for the trip up.

Later,
Ron
Ron, will start off going up I-44 Got directions from mapquest for rest. 950 miles from Tulsato the hotel in Warren.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
BobA said:
I don't think any of us will get a call till later in the week. regis. just ended friday. I bet all of us get a call. thats why I put my moble # on the regis. You some one will be on the board when they get a call. :flag :ssr :seeya

I did not want the factory radio to stay. that is why I did not go that route. There is no comparision to the factory to what I have in the SSr now. If you are at Decator sat I will show you. I guess let you hear the difference. :thumbs :ssr :seeya
Won't be able to make it to Decator, since I am currently resting my weary bones down on South Padre Island. Enjoy :seeya

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Correction

The correct Name is DECATUR NOT DECATOR

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Just back from my vacation and still no call.. has anyone recieved a call?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, last thursday. the e-mail address is on the national thread. Still might be able to get on tour.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
BobA said:
Ron, will start off going up I-44 Got directions from mapquest for rest. 950 miles from Tulsato the hotel in Warren.
Well it looks like I may have to go. I got a reply to a letter I sent to Ken, and was told to attend. Was also told a follow up letter is being sent out to everyone in the next couple of days. Whoop

Will probally leave on Wenesday, but doubtful I will drive straight thru. Last time I went up that way I stopped overnight in St. Louis, but am open to suggestions as to directions and stop over point. I am planning on staying with some friends just outside of Lansing. While I wont make the parade in Warren to Lansing, (seems crazy to drive to warren to turn around to come back to lansing, I might be open to bribes. LOL Seriously though, I wont be attending the "Cruise", but am anxious to see everyone and looking forward to the homecoming.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Getting to Lansing

Bob, I just passed through your parts earlier this week on a trip from Dallas to Toronto (via Lansing). I made the mistake of going through Chicago using I80 instead of going to Indianapolis and then north on I69. I spent almost 2 hours in bumper-to-bumper traffic at the noon hour due to construction. My advise is to:
1) Take I44 from Tulsa to St. Louis (about 475 miles)
2) Take the north bypass road around St. Louis (about 25 miles)
3) Take I70 to Indianapolis (about 200+ miles)
4) Take I69 to Lansing (about 200 miles)

I can't tell you how the roads between St. Louis and Indianapolis are but they couldn't be any worse than I80 through Chicago.

See you at the plant.....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts