Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my fix for the emblem mounting brackets breaking. I couldn't load a word document showing what I did. So here is a brief summary.
I made castable resin blocks to glue to the inside of the emblem, then glued the broken brackets to the resin blocks. Resin blocks provided more bearing area to support the weight of the hood. Works great.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
3,865 Posts
@tdbuss, now do yourself a favor and get the Emblem SUPPORT from Simple Engineering Simple Engineering !!! ALSO--
Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.
Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Nick & Kathy

·
SSR Believer
1,123 Posts
? Hi and welcome from the Northwest's playground!

Nice job! Nick is right, now that it's fixed, order up the hood emblem support from Simple Engineering and you'll never have to worry about it again.

There's a huge community of owners here that can help you find parts, troubleshoot issues and otherwise offer great support. Others will chime in with tips and tricks. In the meantime, here are a few links that you'll find invaluable:

Replacement and after-market parts and accessories from @Mike in AZ:

Trouble shooting and DIY repairs from @Dicktator

SSR DIY and other videos from @shiftz33:

Tell us a little more about yourself and your new-to-you SSR when you have time.

In the meantime, enjoy your PermaGrin!

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
got one of the SE emblem supports. Easy to install and makes finding the hood release a whole lot easier since smooth side.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
41,542 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts