Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Thank you very much for providing this outstanding presentation on servicing my SSR.
I am a new member and for the past 4 years had no idea this info was available.
I can now repair my defective driver door lock and install the hood struts that are so badly needed on the SSR. THANK YOU and everyone else who contributes to this fantastic forum.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Having trouble with button on shifter sticking .some times it won't push down to let you move shifter. Auto transmission.

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Having trouble with button on shifter sticking .some times it won't push down to let you move shifter. Auto transmission.
Could also be ignition switch or brake pedal switch. They ALL have to work for shifter to be moved out of PARK.

How to Library under Park Solenoid shows how to remove shifter.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=3ef39d9f5adce5e5&id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853

Has a push/pin inside shifter that releases Solenoid, you will see when you remove shift lever.

Think you are beginning to have Solenoid problem.

What happens is "throw" arm on shifter Solenoid wears and does not go far enough to release Solenoid. You will see a "pin" on end of Solenoid that is "pushed" by Shift lever.

Change Solenoid should solve your problem.

Dicktator

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Shifter will not release from park when I push silver button.
Then it is not electrical, it is mechanical.

Take cover and shift arm off. Cable hooks to shifter, similar to the way cable hoods to transmission.

Have seen two cases where it falls off, or jams and wont let shift arm move out of park.

Can try disconnecting cable at transmission and see if you can manually shift transmission. If you can't you have transmission problem.

Dicktator

·
Registered
41 Posts
I figured out the problem. I spilled a container of ice tea on the counsel the day before. Some went down into shift selonoid and caused plunger to stick out & not let button push down. Used Ed-40 to free up sticky. Working for now . May have to take shift selonoid out & clean shift mechanism.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I didn't see one in there on how to change a starter motor and solenoid. Any special tricks to minimize effort and errors?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
OH MY GOD, how did this elude me for so long! Owner for 18 months now and I'm still learning where the resources are. Thank you Dick

41 - 60 of 77 Posts