Chevy SSR Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Mounting Hardware for gauge pod

Hi, recently purchased a gauge pod set (?), but fear I did not get all of the mounting hardware. Could you provide info on what the mounting hard ward consist of? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Once again the DIY Library has assisted me in removing front dash cover. Thanks for all the effort. It saves a lot of us a lot of time and broken parts.

Jim

·
Daily Driver
8,777 Posts
Start a thread in the Technical Discussion Forum telling us what year and what you've done so far. What part did the dealer say he couldn't get and how he determined that part is the problem. Can you lock and unlock the door? Manually? with the remote? With the console button? Can you open it from the inside? We can help but you have to give us something to work with.

·
BlueStreak
26,746 Posts
Drivers door not opening. Took to dealer, part no longer available. How do I fix this problem.
I second what xoxoxoBruce suggests and would add that information added to your profile would also help others know if they are near you. I am guessing you are in the Las Vegas area, based on your screen name, but I have been way off in my guesses before. There are many of the Vegas Mob who are very knowledgeable and helpful. The more information you can provide the better our suggestions on how to handle the situation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dick, I know it's been said over and over on here but thank you for these power point files. I am a new owner and it's great to know that there are people out there that really understand the excitement we have for our SSR's and that we want the best for them. Currently in my town there is only one other SSR that I know of and the owner has a hack shop so needless to say I'm not interested in taking it to him. LOL Hopefully when the day comes that it needs repair this will allow me to turn a wrench on it. THANKS AGAIN!!!!

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Dictator, I cannot thank you enough for this thread. I've used six of the files.Most important one was today. Couldn't open drivers door from outside.Looked at all pictures and didn't see a darn thing wrong. That is until I read check the torx head bolt.It was loose.Thanks again,my new friend. If your ever in the Wichita,Ks. area I owe you lunch. Dave:grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
OK, I found a 7 year old down the street who showed me how to share ALL the Power Point Presentations.

FREE! View, Download, Print, Flash Drive, whatever you want:

NOW 91 FILES!

Over 1700 Pages!

Click on link:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

If you have a problem/question you can email me at: [email protected]

Dicktator
That my friend is a tremendous amount of work and dedication to our little trucks. Thank you. Sillypuddy and Old Yella....

·
Trygodfirst
499 Posts
OK, I found a 7 year old down the street who showed me how to share ALL the Power Point Presentations we are using for the Tech Seminars.

FREE! View, Download, Print, whatever you want:

NOW 86 FILES!

Click on either link:

If you have a problem/question you can email me at:

[email protected]

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I am adding more Tech Information as I can.

Dicktator

Picture
1. Power Point Menu
2. Class is Session, National Sturbridge, Mass June 2013.
3. Tech Session Staff, Mike Morro, Dan Lowery, Dicktator, Ed Borland and Rich Robillard

·
Trygodfirst
499 Posts
OK, I found a 7 year old down the street who showed me how to share ALL the Power Point Presentations.

FREE! View, Download, Print, Flash Drive, whatever you want:

NOW 91 FILES!

Over 1700 Pages!

Click on link:

If you have a problem/question you can email me at: [email protected]

Dicktator
Dicktator thank you VERY much for everything you do for our SSR community. You care and concern and love of the SSR and that each of us know how to handle them and or the Chevy dealer if we go there shines through.
I sincerely appreciate you. I save your library and update it as you do.
I share it with my mechanic when I take the SSR to him. Thank the Lord he has worked on three others. I’m disabled.
I try and post your library each time I see a newbie join us ( as I was 3 months ago)
I sure look forward to meeting you and your beloved and buying the both of you a meal. If you don’t dine with Redline Reds I’ll understand lol and I’ll buy anyway.

You are truly appreciated and I can honestly say that with the exception of going through and having our hydraulics rebuilt and metal Ty’s replaced with plastic or tape back there, we have upgraded EVERYTHING you have suggested for our 2003 SSR
Even though it only had 13k miles and was owned by a man who owned his own Chevy dealership. When you and mike advise it’s not if it’s when something will fail we have done it. Even the new led light in cargo area and removing that 10 amp #40 fuse . I’m retired from the electronic fire detection industry and that caught my eye immediately. I think we can all say you have saved each of us who took your caution a big thanks and give you credit for saving all of us from a smoldering under that cargo area.

Well sir looking forward to meeting you in Branson and you and your wife bring your appetite
Scott and Diane
Lantana Florida

61 - 77 of 77 Posts