Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The April issue of Motor Trend has a small article on Retractable Firsts. The SSR is listed and there is a paragraph about the stopping of production of the SSR and the number produced.

Next page is about the 2010 Chrysler 300 with a folding steel roof. Now where do you suppose they got that idea ?:flag

·
Registered
904 Posts
Next page is about the 2010 Chrysler 300 with a folding steel roof. Now where do you suppose they got that idea ?

Most likey from Ford where everyone else got there's, You do know they had the folding steel roof in the 50's and 60's

·
Registered
416 Posts
The new Volvo C70 has a 3-piece retracting hardtop.

I hope this trend continues for all convertibles. The advantages over softtops are substantial. (Like I'm telling anyone here something they don't already know!)

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
Double-L said:
Next page is about the 2010 Chrysler 300 with a folding steel roof. Now where do you suppose they got that idea ?

Most likey from Ford where everyone else got there's, You do know they had the folding steel roof in the 50's and 60's
Ford was '57, '58, and '59. I sold my '59 to buy the SSR. Actually Citroen (I think it was 1937) was the first with a retractable hardtop.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
There is a new Pontiac G6 retractable coming out this year too! Not to keen on the style of the G6, but neat idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts