·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INFO from Bob Walczyk yesterday in my email. :thumbs

Sept. 21, 2005

QUALITY

5 GM VEHICLES TOP THEIR SEGMENT IN J.D. POWER APEAL STUDY . . . The J.D. Power and Associates 2005 Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study was released today – and shows that GM is making steady progress in its quest to achieve quality leadership. The study, now in its 10th year, measures owners’ delight with the design, content, layout and performance of their new vehicles. Five GM vehicles were the highest ranked in their respective categories, up from four last year. These are: Pontiac G6 (Entry Midsize Car), Chevrolet Corvette (Premium Sports Car), Cadillac Escalade EXT (Light-Duty Fullsize Pickup), GMC Sierra HD (Heavy Duty Fullsize Pickup) and Chevrolet Express (Fullsize Van).

GM also had nine other vehicles that were ranked among the top three in their segment, up from seven last year. Vehicles ranking second or third in their segment were: Pontiac’s Grand Am, GTO and Aztek; GMC’s Yukon and Savana; Cadillac’s Escalade and Escalade ESV; the Chevy SSR and the HUMMER H2 SUT. Results like these are important to GM as it works to achieve industry leadership in all aspects of quality: initial quality, long-term quality and perceptual quality.

“While the results are good and indicate that our vehicles are striking a chord with our customers, leading in quality means leadership in initial, long-term and perceptual quality,” said Annette Clayton, vice president of quality for GM North America. “No doubt we’re making progress, but there is still much work to be done to get results like this more consistently.

OTHER STUDIES & RESOURCES HIGHLIGHTING GM QUALITY . . . The APEAL Study results come on the heels of the J.D. Power and Associates 2005 Vehicle Dependability Study, which showed that GM had eight vehicles that ranked at the top of their segment in vehicle dependability, more than any other manufacturer. To learn more about how GM fared in the VDS and other recent J.D. Power studies, including the J.D. Power and Associates 2005 Initial Quality Study and the 2005 Customer Service Index Study, visit the “Only GM” website at http://www.onlyGM.com. The site houses the recent J.D. Power and Associates Special Report on GM and other important quality information about GM vehicles.

ABOUT THE STUDY . . . The 2005 APEAL Study is based on responses from more than 115,000 new-vehicle owners who were surveyed during the first 90 days of ownership. Eight categories of vehicle performance and design were measured to assess buyer satisfaction, including: engine/transmission; ride, handling and braking; comfort/convenience; seats; cockpit/instrument panel; heating, ventilation and cooling; sound system; and styling/exterior. The 2005 study included more than 50 all-new or redesigned models in 2005, up from 43 in 2004.

INDUSTRY OVERVIEW . . . New-vehicle buyers are increasingly attracted to models that offer high levels of comfort and convenience, according to the 2005 APEAL Study. Overall industry APEAL has increased annually for the past nine years, in part due to the continual introduction of a large number of all-new and redesigned models, which tend to garner higher APEAL scores. While styling and exterior design continue to be most important to buyers, features dealing with the vehicle’s interior, such as seats and comfort/convenience, have increased in importance over the past five years.

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON APEAL STUDY . . . To view the J.D. Power release on the 2005 APEAL Study, visit http://www.jdpa.com and click on “Corporate Site.”

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
Marc NY said:
GM also had nine other vehicles that were ranked among the top three in their segment, up from seven last year. Vehicles ranking second or third in their segment were: Pontiac’s Grand Am, GTO and Aztek; GMC’s Yukon and Savana; Cadillac’s Escalade and Escalade ESV; the Chevy SSR and the HUMMER H2 SUT. Results like these are important to GM as it works to achieve industry leadership in all aspects of quality: initial quality, long-term quality and perceptual quality.
The question I have is How many vehicles are in "the segment" that the SSR is in?????

Statistics can be used in many ways. If there are dozens of vehicles in the segment then its great, but if there are only 3 or 4 then..............

·
Banned
59 Posts
HEY MARC NY ARE YOU A GM BIASED DEALER COME ON TELL ME!

Statistics can be used in many ways. If there are dozens of vehicles in the segment then its great, but if there are only 3 or 4 then..............[/QUOTE]
HEY SEND ME MY $25.00 dollars so I do not have to put up with this BS ABOUT JD POWER IT WAS PAID FOR BY GM YEA RIGHT A GM CAR BEAT OUT A BMW, Porsche, Mercedes LET ME OUT OF THIS GROUP AND PLEASE< PLEASE GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK BY REFUNDING MY CREDIT CARD VIA PAY PAL HEY MARC TELL ME WHY THIS HAS NOT HAPPEND JUST WANT TO SCREW ANOTHER PERSON OUT OF THEIR MONEY BY PASSING THE BUCK. HEY JUST LIKE GM SERVICE Standing behind there products

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
Argo-
First of all Marc has nothing to do with the $25 you paid. He is just a moderator. If you have a problem with that then take it to where you should be taking it, the site owner.
Next, if you don't like what you are reading here there is a real simple solution..... Don't log on to this site.

Goodbye

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Argo-7 said:

Statistics can be used in many ways. If there are dozens of vehicles in the segment then its great, but if there are only 3 or 4 then..............

Argo-7 said:
HEY SEND ME MY $25.00 dollars so I do not have to put up with this BS ABOUT JD POWER IT WAS PAID FOR BY GM YEA RIGHT A GM CAR BEAT OUT A BMW, Porsche, Mercedes LET ME OUT OF THIS GROUP AND PLEASE< PLEASE GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK BY REFUNDING MY CREDIT CARD VIA PAY PAL HEY MARC TELL ME WHY THIS HAS NOT HAPPEND JUST WANT TO SCREW ANOTHER PERSON OUT OF THEIR MONEY BY PASSING THE BUCK. HEY JUST LIKE GM SERVICE Standing behind there products

You will need to contact Troy on the refund thing. Sorry to here that you do not want to hang around here..Good luck...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Argo-7 said:

HEY SEND ME MY $25.00 dollars so I do not have to put up with this BS ABOUT JD POWER IT WAS PAID FOR BY GM YEA RIGHT A GM CAR BEAT OUT A BMW, Porsche, Mercedes LET ME OUT OF THIS GROUP AND PLEASE< PLEASE GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK BY REFUNDING MY CREDIT CARD VIA PAY PAL HEY MARC TELL ME WHY THIS HAS NOT HAPPEND JUST WANT TO SCREW ANOTHER PERSON OUT OF THEIR MONEY BY PASSING THE BUCK. HEY JUST LIKE GM SERVICE Standing behind there products[/QUOTE]

Wow! Did someone get up on the wrong side of the truck today? Someone is reporting the news, you got a problem with that? Take it out on whoever wrote the story, not the messenger.

Get your facts together and then come back for a sensible debate. Oh, by the way, do you know your CAPS KEY IS STICKIING?

·
Banned
59 Posts
HD-Fatboy said:
Wow! Did someone get up on the wrong side of the truck today? Someone is reporting the news, you got a problem with that? Take it out on whoever wrote the story, not the messenger.

Get your facts together and then come back for a sensible debate. Oh, by the way, do you know your CAPS KEY IS STICKIING?[/QUOTE]
No problem here JUST WANT OUT With my MONEY JUST WANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Since you edited most of your posts to read N/A back on the 18th - I'd say you were just looking for a reason for GET THE HELL OUT...

Heck - PM me your paypal info and I'll send you the refund to keep YOUR BS off this otherwise FINE website!!!

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
Argo-7 said:
MAKE ME A S s
WH LE and who is main man AND MARC IS FULL OF SH T on JD POWER FREE SPEACH I FOUGHT FOR IT DID YOU DINGBAT SOUNDS ABOUT RIGT TO ME :lol :lol :lol

After that statement I will refer to something I learned long ago.

"You can't argue with ignorance"

I am saying no more.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have been on many forums and they all have jerks drift in. This forum has had refreshingly few but it took an upswing above with childishness about J D Power. Info about that company is readily available and will do more for any forum member than trying to get adults down to childish levels. I am an oldtimer that recognizes the importance to America of how well Ford and GM do, being "The Big Two" (that's all that is left). GM did quite well in this data and Marc and all others providing info here should be thanked again. I was on Ford truck forums for years and it helped me select three fantastic trucks. This forum is steering me toward my final decisions on a new SSR and all your inputs are greatly appreciated. As far as the jerks above? Why even comment? That is what their shallow lives are seeking. Ignore!

·
Registered
893 Posts
J. D. Power propaganda

Most people know that J. D. Power puts out paid for propaganda.......that"s a given........But "Kiddies".......lets be nice, now .....Try to keep swearing to a minimum........It looks like your not playing well together today......Therefore you need to go stand in the corner for a while............before someone gets the paddle out.........

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
J.D. Powers is an independent company that conducts surveys, mostly about quality. If you notice, this survey was about "appeal". The information Powers compiles comes directly from customers. The car companies have to pay to get the complete data. They do not influence the outcome except through building better vehicles. You can look up Powers on the web for more details. I am not sure what all the fuss is on this thread except for possible misconceptions.

·
Banned
59 Posts
dingbat said:
After that statement I will refer to something I learned long ago.

"You can't argue with ignorance"

I am saying no more.
Hey Little Boy Its called the law of thr junjle. I MAKE MORE THAN YOU CAN SQUAT 1215 lbs You would be easy pray!

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,106 Posts
I'll contribute

It would be worth a few bucks to me to get a little peace on this site. If we have unhappy owners on the forum that want their $25 back, I'm willing to donate. I'm ready to make a donation to the forum administration (Troy?) with the intention of starting a "Refund" account. My contact info is no secret and I am always available.

Whether or not these two unhappy people actually own SSRs is unclear to me. If they do own them, I hope they trade them in and find a replacement vehicle that suits them better. If they do not own SSRs, I hope they can find it in their heart to seek another forum to frequent.

It's going to be a lovely weekend in Arizona and I plan to enjoy it. I hope the same for even the most dissatisfied owners.

Mike

·
Banned
59 Posts
freezer said:
J.D. Powers is an independent company that conducts surveys, mostly about quality. If you notice, this survey was about "appeal". The information Powers compiles comes directly from customers. The car companies have to pay to get the complete data. They do not influence the outcome except through building better vehicles. You can look up Powers on the web for more details. I am not sure what all the fuss is on this thread except for possible misconceptions.
So they are going to give them negitive feed back where did you come from. IT IS ALL ABOUT MONEY!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.