Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SSR independent Youtube review.....I wonder who's R they used from Virginia. My son just saw this and brought to my attention. :purple:

·
Slingshot Rules!
73,923 Posts
SAD . . . so so SAD!

Between the squeaky voice and the exaggerated animations . . . that TWIT deserves to be LOCKED UP! Obviously anything but an expert on vehicles.

Makes me extremely proud I adopted The Doophus.

! :surprise: ! >:) ! :surprise: ! >:) ! :surprise: !

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
2004 SSR Ultra Violet
42,820 Posts
SAD . . . so so SAD!

Between the squeaky voice and the exaggerated animations . . . that TWIT deserves to be LOCKED UP! Obviously anything but an expert on vehicles.

Makes me extremely proud I adopted The Doophus.

! :surprise: ! >:) ! :surprise: ! >:) ! :surprise: !
That’s why I said it was ...... entertaining!!! I’m trying to be positive, or else it would have been a post of filth and foul language!!!:glol:glol

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Weird!

I heard weird about 113 times. If you add one for Doug you get 114. I wonder if he got there in a Honda or a Toyota?

After watching this video I think I will have a hot shower and scrub with a really strong soap.

Jack

Reactions: DOOPHUS

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,773 Posts
Doug is a DORK

It's a shame he didn't review a 06 with Chrome, a few upgrades "stiffener plate" & after it was tuned. Then grade it on style, roll and 0 to 60!
I wonder if the owner told him about the second way to open the tonneau cover?
You are correct "Doug is a DORK" he should review himself before reviewing a "weird" truck that holds it's value better than any other it's age. :flag

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,822 Posts
Well, I didn't get a negative opinion.

What I did get is what SSR owner are doing to improve the negatives pointed out by the video.

1. Need Steel Radiator support to take shake out, done that
2. Tune gives 32 more HP, did that.

I can go on and on but WE SSR owners have made so many improvement that the SSR is not the same as the one in the Video.

Note: It is holding value.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I loaned Doug my SSR for the video.

I've been a fan of his YouTube channel for years, so I reached out to him, and he enthusiastically agreed to come down and review it for his channel.

The whole theme of his videos are "interesting, weird, or quirky vehicles".

Oddly enough, he had zero interest in my Lotus Elise. :) But, he loved the SSR.

·
Caretaker of Max'sSSR
172 Posts
Notes:
Doug really liked the SSR. Especially after driving it.

SSR's draw more attention at cars and coffee type events than typical high production vehicles....that may be more popular but quite common.

He correctly noted the value of SSR's are doing quite well. My 2003 low mileage SSR is worth about 50% of sticker. A highly rated vehicle would do good to be worth 50% after 5 years. SSR's will not be appreciating much anytime soon so I will simply enjoy my time as steward of a really neat vehicle.

·
Daily Driver
8,949 Posts
We in the family, love our trucks because they fit our lifestyle and personality.
Despite all the smiles and thumbs up from the people on the outside, we don't know what they are thinking. It might be very well be, That looks cool but not for my lifestyle. There's also likely some, Cool, that guy must be rich, mixed in.

Doug gives us a chance to hear what one of those outsiders thinks given a chance to get up close and personal. Even though he started with the boring stuff Chevy was building at the time, he doesn't quite grasp the reason it was created. His job(videos) is to point out quirky things, and the SSR certainly has some. But he seemed to enjoy the experience.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts