Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a happy camper. Just got my plates back from Pa. and thy are TRUCK plates... :cry

Now what.... I don't want TRUck plates. The only thing our SSR hauls is ass cheeks!

Any advice?

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
In California the SSR is classified a truck.

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Buffy said:
GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS.

BAD NEWS: Same here in Georgia...

GOOD NEWS: Both the truck and car license plates look the same (Yeah!)
Bill Scott said:
Minnesota ----- same as Georgia ----- same plates car/ truck :yesnod

Cars and trucks are the same in NY except for Commercial registered vehicles where the only difference is... the Empire State wording at the bottom of the plate is gone which is no biggie.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Canada goes both ways ( Ha Ha.)

I had the choice to register as a car or a truck. I started as a truck and when my personal plates came, my SSR became a car. Only in Canada Eh?
BALA SSR

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Scott Doran said:
I had the choice to register as a car or a truck. I started as a truck and when my personal plates came, my SSR became a car. Only in Canada Eh?
BALA SSR
Ah yes our Canadian friends from up North :)

Sooooooooooo aren't your truck plates a different color then the normal car plates???

·
Registered
705 Posts
this is a big deal here in the Chicago area. Mine is registered as a car but you have the choice I think here. If you have a truck you can not drive on Lake Shore Drive. For those who are not familiar, that's where you see lots of hot chicks :party

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
Are you serious? - Drove Lakeshore drive from the Magnificent mile to McCormick Place, then to Hyde Park before getting back on the freeway heading to Evansville last year - in my Duramax crew cab. I've been in Chicago fairly regularly, (till they pulled the Boat Show out and moved it to Orlando) and I though the cabs honking was normal - maybe it was aimed at me.

Is that a posted regulation? - sure didn't notice anything.

Ray :eek

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here in Indiana it is a Truck. I won't argue one bit when it comes to the excise tax side of things. About 1/3 of the cost if it were a car.
:party

·
Registered
180 Posts
Only in Canada

My truck plates were white with black to start out and my "BALA SSR" car plates are white with baby blue. And a note that is attached to the plate reads " primarily used for personal use" When I looked at my pink slip I am actually registered as a truck due to this additional sticker. In Ontario all personal plates look like car plates so ignore my last reply. We must hve better things to talk about after all its only the end of Nov. I think this is going to be a long winter.
#201 is in her winter bed wheels off high and dry waiting for spring. :nopity :nopity

·
Registered
349 Posts
Car or Truck?

It's a truck here in Arizona. Unfortunately, it's a parked truck for now. This crappy weather in Flagstaff means I keep it covered in the garage. It's going to be 8 degrees tonight. Top down, seat heat on low, heater on high - it's okay until about 35 degrees. Below that, my ears can't take it. The only redeeming factor is that I don't have to clean off the pollution every couple days like when I lived in So Cal. I envy you folks that can drive top down all year, though! ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Diggs

Your registration lists plate type as HOG. What does that refer to, the owners group?

The reason I ask is I've noticed states offer all kinds of private enterprise plates, nascar, fireman, hunting, etc. In California you can even get a heart shape on your plate, I guess for surgeons. Just kind of interesting.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts