Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if anybody else is have the same problems with there SSR's.

1.) Rear seal on tailgate, ( been replaced now)

2.) Front driving light flickers. dealer replaced buld. Now it still flickers and one is brighter then the other.

3.) Drivers side speaker rattles with base. ( Seems like the door panels is vibrating.)

4.) Passenger seat ( Or something on that side.) rattles.

I think thats all.

LuvRam13

·
Registered
97 Posts
Definitely have #4, even when the wife is sitting in the seat. I'm still searching. Let you know if I find the source.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the problem with the speaker. Just too much bass for the speaker in the door. Can't say about any leaks, the truck hasn't seen any water yet.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the problem with the speaker only if top down and windows up. I think it looses some rigidity in this setup to allow the vibration. I had the problem with the passenger seat but was able to solve it by sliding the seat all the way back tight against the back wall.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
The plastic on the drivers seat has been replaced because it broke. IT is quite fragile.
-All seals on mine are perfect
-Replaced the cushion in the box where the top goes because of two tears
-Replaced flasher unit because it caused my lights to flicker and one brake light to go out intermittently or flash both tails at once.
-Replaced seal on pillar on right side of window that came loose
-Replaced broken hood prop
-Replaced the drivers side window that got scratched from the seals inside the door
-Stereo works flawlessly, but then, I have not tried to modify it and don't plan to

That's it so far, but I am driving the heck out of it before the end of the warranty and boy, am I getting my monies worth! I love this truck!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Regarding #3 - Perhaps the speaker is damaged, but I would bet it isn't. My doors rattle as well, and although the speaker is driving the rattle, it's the doors themselves that are rattling. I haven't peeled the panels off yet to install Dynamat, but I'm considering it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice to know I'm not alone.

I did forget 1 issue.

Service Air Bags. Dealer fixed in once and it continues, so now they had to order a part.

As for the speaker, No it's not blown. It's the door panel thats vibrating, when the stereo is up past 1/2 way or so. If i hold the door panel the vibrations stop.

·
Registered
14 Posts
re: tail gate seal...

hullo...my tail gate seal is bulging out in several places....please tell me how big a deal it was to have it replaced...thank you...

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
There was one other little nagging problem, albeit, a small one. The glove box required me to slam it shut to get it to close and after a while that did not work. The problem was solved at a recent corvette show. A friend showed me the "U" shaped piece that latches onto the lock. He simply grabbed it and pulled it forward. Apparently it is so small and thin, it is easily bent the wrong way after a period of time and just will not catch on the locking mechnanism. Sometimes it is just the little things that cause big problems....:) ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tail Gate seal

Sweetness;

It was not a big deal at all. Took the dealer 2 visits. 1 to say Yup it's not right, and the 2nd when the new seal came in ( about a week after it was ordered.) It took the dealer about 20 mins to replace. They did have to bring the truck inside and let it cool off from the sun first.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I finally had to take my SSR to the dealer. The plastic peice around the front seat broke and every time I got in or out the seat heater turned on. But the biggest issue was the top not only did it not go down any more, but the last time I had tried to put it down the cover on the top storage area hit the body and the bed storage cover. The top had been giving me trouble for a while, it wouldn't go down without trying it many times. Well the dealer after diagnosing the problem showed me a factory bulletin that defined the problem exactly. It seems I need new factory replacement hinge brackets and other stuff. The factory is aware of the roof cycle timeout problem and has a fix for it, only problem the parts are on back order. i'll just have to wait, hope it works. :cuss

·
Registered
349 Posts
Speaker Noise

The speakers are junk to start with. Anything above one-third volume, and mine sound like they are being over-driven. What a disappointment! :mad

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
New Hinges

Hey, Tom

I've got #567, and the tonneau was getting worse, to the point where I needed someone on each side to get it started up, otherwise it would catch on the rear bed lid, and jam.

The good news - the hinges arrived yesterday, and 90 minutes after we started (I asked if I could assist, seeing as no one had worked on it before, and I'd readjusted the lid to get it working), I left the dealership with the new hinges installed. The tonneau works great - it now rises straight up first, then tilts back. It's great to hit the button and know it's going to work every time.

I do have one question about it, and hopefully Freezer can answer it for me. The passenger's side hydraulics on the tonneau seem a bit "lazier", and lag behind the driver's side. Is there a proportioning valve in the system to fine tune the pressure to each side? - We have a similar situation with a hydraulic float mounted boat lift, and correct proportioning is crucial. Otherwise, one float rises first, and the boat lists until the other side catches up.

Thanks for the assistance, Freezer

:thumbs :thumbs

·
Registered
218 Posts
Something on my passenger side door has been rattling since new :mad
Dealer didn't want to mess with it. I think it is time to make him start looking at it the noise is making me nuts :banghead

M

·
0 Posts
Yep, driver side rattle from speaker on mine too. Took it in for the 3K mile check up and oil change and they looked into it. Said they put in some insulation to correct it. It is better....but still rattles with the base. I am sure I am not the only one who likes to crank it up a little when a good driving song comes on...Radar Love, Highway Star, Panama, etc. I will have them look at it again.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts