Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find myself opening the door between the house and garage and just staring at my Truck, Its like a work of art to me. I can't seem to get enough of her. I only have had it 3 weeks and im thinking I HAVE to have an ORANGE one TOO!! :eek
This truck is truly "auto art" and very special. I just got my rubber mats from GM parts direct and they are BEAUTIFUL! OOh my im sick I better get help soon ....Ahhh but not before I get my orange 06...yea yea thats it..........

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Me too

:agree

Attracts attention thats for sure. Yesterday a gal in a beemer told me I would sell my bmw for that. And I didn't even do the top down thing. :cool

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Withdrawls

:ssr I'm going thru withdrawls. I dont' have mine to look at not even in the gargage. Mine is still in the hands of 3G Services for the chin spoiler. It's been tough opening the garage and not seeing her. I envy you!!!!!! :ssr

It's OK though as I know this will benefit all SSR owners. I keep looking at the pictures under the 3G Services thread so I can see her and wishing it was spring/summer again. :yesnod

But on a lighter note I did get to see a silver one on Mound Road Friday. :thumbs

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
We appreciate you sacrifice for the betterment ( is that a word?) of the SSR :thumbs

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
IllinoisSSR said:
I find myself opening the door between the house and garage and just staring at my Truck, Its like a work of art to me. I can't seem to get enough of her. I only have had it 3 weeks and im thinking I HAVE to have an ORANGE one TOO!! :eek
This truck is truly "auto art" and very special. I just got my rubber mats from GM parts direct and they are BEAUTIFUL! OOh my im sick I better get help soon ....Ahhh but not before I get my orange 06...yea yea thats it..........
I agree with you Illinois SSR. My dealer gave me an excuse to take mine out on this horrible day and put some miles on itt. They wanted to put my windscreen on which I really could have done my self. It was clean when I left Chicago, but by the time it got to Naperville it was dusty dried salt gray. Now I have about 150 miles on it now. The dealer still has to get my engine cover insert and my rails for the trunk or pickup area and also try and get me the SSR Informational CD. Well it's in the garage now resting. I CRUISED ALL THE WAY BACK TO CHICAGO, they were passing me left and right Never took it pass 75mph. Every now and then I'd step on it to let the pest know they would loose. It just picks up so quick. I don't regret giving up my 350Z at all. I don't care for the factory windscreen. I think later I'm going to get the clear plastic one and maybe have it tinted orange. That wont effect stopping the wind. I'd like to have burnt orange leather seats or seat centers like I had in my Z. Black exterior and burnt orange seats look cool. I'm also thinking of painting my brake calibers Brembo Red. I'd like to try the brake caliber covers but I'm affraid if that tape that holds them heats up and comes loose while my wheels are moving it my cause a serious problem requiring several lawyers.

Well IllinoisSSR I just wanted you to know you arn't by yourself. I was telling the dealer today I wish I could get the Pacific Blue he has also. When I got mine home that first night I kept thinking about that 06 Pacific Blue. I told the dealer I thought about calling and asking could I get the blue with the chrome instead. Honestly the blue is just tooooooo bright for me. Plus it had no gauges or running boards plus some other stuff. But I'm very happy with my 06 Smoking Asphalt; got the usual compliments even with it dirty today when I made a stop.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Saw my first two tone '06 in the wild today

Smokin Asphalt and Richochet Silver. I think it's a dealer's demo, because I used to see a Slingshot Yellow with dealer plates, now I've seen the two tone '06 twice in a week.

I am so head over heals for this truck, I tell you. Temps got up to mid-60's late this afternoon, so the top came down and I was a happy boy.

If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd go right out and buy TWO more SSR's, both '06's. A spring special edition orange with the chrome package loaded to the gills, and a two tone (comination to be determined) 6-speed. I'd have my '05 smokin asphalt shipped to Lingenfelter for the works, then ship it to Washington state for Mike Lavallee to put on tru fire flames.

·
Registered
480 Posts
IllinoisSSR said:
I felt the same way when I got mine last December. It's better with time. But I almost feel the same way now. But, one is enough for me. It's also nice to feel the plushness of he Lexus, the wifes car.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I agree. I got my 03 in November 2003 and still find myself just hanging out in the garage and polishing or just plain looking at this work of art. Find a good painter to pin stripe it for ya and it will look even better. :thumbs :agree

1 - 10 of 10 Posts