Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, Yes I own Lightning.
Second, Yes I like the look of the SSR.

Okay now thats out of the way.

The SSR is made in Lansing Michigan and I drive past the plant on the expressway everyday. There is a parking lot next to the expressway where the new SSR's are parked waiting to be loaded on trucks and shipped around the world. I just graduated from a School in Lansing and had to pass the plant daily.

What's nice is that sometimes there will be 50 of them in the parking lot, all different colors, parked next to each other. I see the SSR everyday driving around Lansing and of course in the parking lot.

One of these days when i have my camera I'll take a few pictures for you all!
It's acutally quite impressive to see so many of them in one place.

Anyways... nice looking trucks.

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,428 Posts
Photos would be great! I tried to "Google-Earth" the Lansing Craft Center, but wouldn't you just know it was a photo segment with poor clarity - couldn't really make out any buildings, much less vehicles!

Blast

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Lightning boy, lol. I had a '94, it handled the best I thought, then an '00, and my last was an '03. Fastest production PU truck in the world, lol, loved it. The SSR is a great switch if you are ready to slow it down just a little, have a little less cab and bed room, and want a convertable that doesn't have all the draw backs of convertables. The SSR accelerates nicely, but a turbo 911 left me in exhaust dust last night, hahaha, but he would have toasted anything I have ever owned. Even at 390hp, the SSR needs another 100hp to attempt to kill a Lightning, IMHO. In corners are where I miss the lightning, then again it corners like a mustang not a truck. The SSR is heavier in those turns, but it hangs on well, I haven't lost the rear end yet. The top is T*Ts, way cool and I love to drive in the mornings to work and evenings in the open air. The paint is nicer IMO on the SSR than even the '03 L I had. Go drive one and see what ya think.

I love my SSR, it is everything I wanted, but I had to say hey to a fellow Lightning afficianato (sp).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 369 rwhpI think translates to about 450 hp the way GM does it. So I am 1/2 way there. :thumbs :ssr :flag :seeya :lol :lol

Can't hardly wait for that Magnacharger. Then It will be done past fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.