Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own two SSR's and have been looking for a trailer that I could buy that would match the vehicle and serve as a practical tool for hauling items without being concerned about potentially damageing or getting dirty the bed of my fine toy.

If you have interest in owning a trailer that matches the rear of your SSR, reply to this question please. I am in the process of surveying owners to determine the level of interest in such a trailer. Please provide your input regarding fetures and a price that you would be willing to pay.

If the interest is there, a product could be available as soon as the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2005.

·
Registered
599 Posts
It's funny you brought this up.
I was working on a design for such a trailer, and was thinking about getting one manufactured.
I have laready lined up a few prototype companies to work with me on it.
Is this something that might be appealing to anyone? :seeya

Attachments

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts
I would if it was big enough for a sheet of plywood 4' x 8'. Anything smaller is just a waist for me.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
REBEL said:
I would if it was big enough for a sheet of plywood 4' x 8'. Anything smaller is just a waist for me.
REBEL,

You must have traveled with my wife!
:lol

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
doogie48084 said:
I was working on a design for such a trailer, and was thinking about getting one manufactured.
Someone has been modifying my copyrighted photo.

·
Registered
131 Posts
doogie48084 said:
Seen a local "Prowler" with a look alike trailer last week and maybe that compnay has plans for our toys. I would entertain the cause for the production and will most likely get one if it is a product.

:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :yesnod :yesnod

·
Registered
371 Posts
doogie48084 said:
Might be interested if it come in "REDLINE RED" ! :jester

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
trailer

I would be very interested a matching trailer. I had thought about looking in to making one when i first got my SSR in oct 2003 but haven't had time. :thumbs

·
Registered
541 Posts
Something to consider

As you can see from my signature, I sometimes pull a trailer behind my Harley. My trailer has 22 cu. ft. of storage capacity. If I remember correctly, the SSR bed is 21 cu. ft with the tonneau closed.

It was made by a great company, American Legend in Mahomet, Illinois.

They can do any color you want. If you go to their web site and then check the Gallery, you will see lots of bikes and trailers and a few cars with custom trailers.

Diggs

·
Registered
186 Posts
SSR Trailer

Ck out this site i found in my Harley Mag they have what looks to be a bike trailer also sure they could do what you want.www.Adventuresports products.com hope it works and maybe help out some fellow SSR owners Doug. :thumbs

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Doug Adkins said:
Ck out this site i found in my Harley Mag they have what looks to be a bike trailer also sure they could do what you want.www.Adventuresports products.com hope it works and maybe help out some fellow SSR owners Doug. :thumbs

You forgot the ".com" part, but I found it! You know, those little trailers look pretty cool!

CLICK HERE

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would be very interested in a trailer, one that would hold a 4x8 would do just fine. Please let me know if you locate a manufacturer.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The picture of those trailer's was taken at YSU ( youngstown state university ) in youngstown ohio. There's a dealer in canfield ohio (Trailex Trailers) (800) 282-5042

·
Registered
160 Posts
doogie48084 said:
That's pretty darned Cool!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Anybody in the detroit area interested in working with me to develop the first prototype?
i am looking for a "donor vehicle"
this would mean the vehicle would be used to take some duplication skins off of.
The vehiclewouuld also be used to take measurements from and aid in developing the first concepts.No harm would be done to the vehicle surfaces. The vehicle would be returned in as good or better condition than when recieved. The donor would recieve a trailer at a greatly reduced cost. The trailer would be the first edition and would be a show piece for anyone interested.

I am trying to figure costs now and will go from there.
Does anybody know if there is any permissions needed from Chevy division of GM?
I should look into that before proceeding.
If I make it a direct copy of the body I may be infringing on their design.

email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
599 Posts
I am trying to justify the 4x8 plywood request. Is there really a concern for something that big. it would probably incorporate much more added weight and therby make it not reasonable to pull. It would be too heavy.

·
Registered
599 Posts
doogie48084 said:
I am trying to justify the 4x8 plywood request. Is there really a concern for something that big. it would probably incorporate much more added weight and therby make it not reasonable to pull. It would be too heavy.

I asked around about the 4x8 trailer size and it would make it

More expensive than the small trailers listed at Adventure Sports.

Less desirable by the larger general ssr membership, due to the fact of it's size and weight and manueverability.

More difficult to market due to Product development costs and the realization that the market would be smaller.

Tell me I'm wrong.

I need input.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts