1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
you are so lucky, go park your SSR before you total it

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
As sbubbaklein said "you are so lucky" that bridge concrete wall was getting closer and closer. By the way your windshield wipers are noisy, which is very irritating. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,888 Posts
The force was with you. (GOD) Now go buy new wiper blades. The rubber is shot. Oh ya and change your shorts.

·
Proud Original Owner
18,151 Posts
I know how that feels as it happened to me a few years ago in Kentucky on my way to Florida. Happened on a bridge just like that. Glad you didn't hit anything or get hit.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
43,679 Posts
Wow !!!!!!!! :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Can you say Ssssshhhhheeeeettttt of ice?good job of riding it through the drift? Could it have been the rock and roll on the radio? No damage is goooood!

·
Caretaker of Max'sSSR
165 Posts
Oh my!!!! I suspected what was about to happen based on your title and as it unfolded I was thinking....no!! no!! no!! dont hit the wall!!! Whew! I cannot imagine the adrenaline rush you felt when SSR finally stopped. Glad it was not a disastrous outcome.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
You did good in not hitting the wall.....remember next time the bridges always freeze up before the main roads in that kind of weather........now change your shorts and put your baby in the garage till spring.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,213 Posts
WHOOOAAAA!!!! Glad nothing bad happened. My practice---------If it's wet outside, don't get them, SSR's, Chevelle's, out!! HA! '06 SSR, 3 1/2 years=washed 1 time.

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Never use your cruise control in suspected ice...don't know if you were or not but I learned that lesson many years ago. Glad no damage was done.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
Perfect example of why they place "bridges ice before roads" on the highway. VERY scary and VERY lucky indeed. Have experienced similar issues but doing that in the R probably would have made me make a mess or give me a heart attack. Not sure I would have been able to drive after that, I would have needed a long break because all you can do is hold one and wait for the ride to end.

Glad everything worked out well, thanks for sharing!!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts