Chevy SSR Forum banner

SSR numbering

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  jmpeez 
#1 ·
Now that I have my new toy, I was wondering how the numbering of the Vin# works. My vin is 1GCES14P84B114013. Any help is greatly appriciated.

#5 ·
correction

Well Rebel looks like it is my turn to say opps... :banghead Here is a reply I that I just found after I revisited that whole thread "2004 Production figures" by Kieth / kwhopper89
Purple Penelope said:
My interest is, so I've been told, my "Penelope" is the first production unit of '04 with # 3438.
Peace
If we use PP's #3438 as being the first 04 produced and add the total of 10,676 actual units produced (04 Model Year) to it, then the last 04 should be #14114.

Watch Six's SSR #14013 would then be near the end of the last 04s built.

Ps I understand that there is a book in the works that will have all the actual figures and numbers for the 03 MY. Perhaps then we can determine the actual beginning and ending numbers for all the model years.

G
#6 ·
Ssr #

Ok, my turn now...I just became the proud owner of a new '04 SSR (Ricochet Silver - born 24 May 04 in Lansing) Acquired 28 Feb 05 with 243 miles.

This is an awesome forum {thanks all those who make it happen}. I have read through these threads and am more confused as ever....How do I know what # my 'Grey Goose' is? the last #'s on the vin are 110535.

Thanks for helping a 'dummy' out.

Chevygirl

#9 · (Edited)
Didn't say what I meant

Marc NY said:
Well Rebel looks like it is my turn to say opps... :banghead Here is a reply I that I just found after I revisited that whole thread "2004 Production figures" by Kieth / kwhopper89

If we use PP's #3438 as being the first 04 produced and add the total of 10,676 actual units produced (04 Model Year) to it, then the last 04 should be #14114.

Watch Six's SSR #14013 would then be near the end of the last 04s built.

Ps I understand that there is a book in the works that will have all the actual figures and numbers for the 03 MY. Perhaps then we can determine the actual beginning and ending numbers for all the model years.
Well the headbanging :banghead continues. I did mis-state that I was the first '04 production unit...when I am not. Clearly I should have said I was the "1st '04 UV production" unit built.

I believe the 1st '04 production unit was #3362 based on info from another thread.

Production number post

Now all can do the math to see where they fall in the production time line.

P/P

Peace :flag

#15 ·
That was I

jmpeez,
Yes, I can not tell a lie, It was I. I work down the street at Fitzpatrick Chevrolet. When The traffic gets to bad at that intersection, I sometimes cut through the lot.
(Don't worry, if you have a get out of jail free card). We will have to get together for coffee.
Mike :cool

#16 ·
My brother and my best buddy are both police officers in Concord so I have a pass in your town! :D

I'll tell him to give you a pass as well, he's cool about that kind of stuff.

:thumbs

I live in Fairfield, my girlfriend lives in Benicia, and with my brother there I am in Concord all the time.

I was going to buy a black 2004 SSR at your dealership but there were too many miles on it. I got a 2004 in silver two weeks ago with 24 miles on the odometer. I was bummed because I wanted black very badly!!! Your sales manager was a nice guy, we spoke on the phone quite a lot.

If I see you again I will honk!!! :cool

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.