Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our local newspaper, The Virginia Pilot, had a blue, 06 SSR on the front page of the daily break today. It was a full page story on our beloved beauties and was very positive. I guess they did not get the work that the plant is closing on March.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately our local paper did not put the article in the on line version of the Pilot. It was in a section called the Daily Break and I gave it to one of my students because they also had a great article on the Nissan GTR that she is crazy about. I wanted her to have it for a project we are doing on Visual Culture.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Pricing SSr

cruzned said:
Our local newspaper, The Virginia Pilot, had a blue, 06 SSR on the front page of the daily break today. It was a full page story on our beloved beauties and was very positive. I guess they did not get the work that the plant is closing on March.
I have been reading that some people are getting10 or 12,000 off the list price for 05 SSrs. Im in West Palm beach Florida and the dealers in that area are only taking off 6,000 and they wont budge even though one place has 11 of them on the lot.
Am I doing something wrong in pricing these or are the 10 to 12 K off just rumors.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I think not only does it have to do with the dealer but also where you live. In the warm areas they probably sell faster than they do in the colder states that see winter in the form of snow. In the cold states a lot of the dealers are just sitting on them. When I bought my HHR back in August the dealer told me that if you search around real good you might find one and get fifteen to twenty off. That's K.

·
Registered
66 Posts
alycebob said:
I have been reading that some people are getting10 or 12,000 off the list price for 05 SSrs. Im in West Palm beach Florida and the dealers in that area are only taking off 6,000 and they wont budge even though one place has 11 of them on the lot.
Am I doing something wrong in pricing these or are the 10 to 12 K off just rumors.

Thanks

Live in Norfolk/Hampton area of Virginia. Bought my 05 in September during last week of GM's Employee Discount Program. Sticker was 45,200 paid 35,800 excluding taxes. Cash deal, no trade-in. Best advertised price I have seen since then on 05 was 39,595 on sticker of 50,200. To answer your question, I think $12,000 off an MSRP of 50,000+ is not rumor especially in the northern area's of the country. However, I am skeptical of the recent $18,000 - $20,000 claims off MSRP.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Build date is 11/04 on my aqua blur 05 6-spd. Original MSRP $47,500. Had 5600 miles on it, bought it from a chevy dealer for $31,600 with remaining factory warranty a week before Christmas and traded a Toyota Tacoma for it-gave me 11,500. trade-balance 21,455.00 including taxes and everything else. 7300 miles now. If you can deal with a slightly used one, ask your chevy dealer to find one from the GM auctions-that is how mine was purchased by the dealer I purchased from. Good luck!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Driving to work today, I heard an automotive interest story about a new system used to rate good deals on well-regarded vehicles, called "APEAL," which stands for "automotive performance, execution, and layout." Maybe this is something real in the automotive industry, or maybe this guy just made it up for the purposes of this feature; I don't know.

Anyway, the "layout" part refers to the amount of cash with which you must part to buy the vehicle, considering all things financial: price of vehicle, available rebates, and dealer willingness to negotiate, based on supply vs. demand.

Topping the list of vehicles with the highest "APEAL": Chevrolet SSR.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts