Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the SSR as a daily driver so rain or shine I drive it 23 miles to work every day. This morning the roads were a solid sheet of ice so the trip to work was 20 to 25 mph behind terrified women driving their 4-wheel drive SUV's. Although I was going to be late I decided not to chance passing anyone and ended up just 10 minutes late. The traction control worked beautifully and every time the wheels started to spin it let up on the gas, etc. I'm impressed at the SSR on ice but haven't yet had it in deep snow which might not be as impressive with the wide tires. Have to wait and see.

Going to drive the SSR to Lowes Speedways Saturday, April 2nd to the Auto Fair. I'll be with a group of Shelby Cobra owners in the infield. Then I'm picking up my extra set of Z06 wheels that I sent to NC to have powder coated and head back to WV on Sunday.

:cheers

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No offense, but if you have a Monte Carlo, I'd be driving it in the bad weather. Not the SSR. You may be a good driver, but the other idiots on the road may not be. Would hate to see ya wreck it:cry I have been to the Charlotte Autofair many times...lots of fun!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dragon

I'll also be at the Charlotte Auto Fair Saturday but will be in my 61 Vette. If you would like to join our gang for lunch in the Speedway Club let me know. If you haven't been up there yet its a real good deal, good food (buffet) good view over the track for about 12.00 which is about what a burger and beer costs from the vendors around the track.
We (Clubvette from Greensboro NC) parked next to a large group of Cobra's last year on the outside near the gate at Turn 1 on Saturday. We were inside on Sunday. This year they have alot of the inside of the track area under construction adding new garage areas so there will probably be alot more of the vendors outside behind turn 3 area and some of the clubs outside both Sat and Sun at the front entrance areas. They will be letting us know next week where we will be parking.

And Yep - I'll be having withdrawal symptons from leaving the SSR in the garage.

John

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
John,

I had my wheels powder coated at Whitby Motors in Greensboro. I believe they build the Factory Five Cobras. My brother has an ERA with a 570 hp 427 ci he is bringing to the Auto Fair from Hickory.

I've been to the Auto Fair and Autorama a lot of times. Bought a 66 Nova SS Pro Street there and sold a 55 Chevy Belair with a 454 ci in 1998. My wife has given me orders to not buy another vehicle. I'm meeting two others that have Z06's at Lowes. One lives close to the track and the other lives at Lake Norman. I have their cell phone numbers and they have mine. We have never met but frequent www.zo6vette.com.

About driving my SSR on ice. It was either that or the Z06 or the Harley. The Monte Carlo belongs to my wife. Besides I work for the Division of Highways so I can't wimp out and let a little ice stop me from getting to work.

:lol

By the way, a friend of my in Charleston, WV had his 1961 Vette on display at the Corvette Museum this past year. It is red with white. He also has a Z06.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts