Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek Just saw a yellow SSR on a Kentucky Fried Chicken advertisement. Pretty neat!

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
PATTERN

Do you notice a pattern developing here?

**Chevy hauler ad..................YELLOW
**Chevy soap ad....................YELLOW
**Speed channel test drive......YELLOW
**KFC commercial...................YELLOW

If you want to get noticed Yellow is it.

No wonder I get so much attention whenever I take MELLO YELLOW out for a cruise. It gets my vote for best color.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

W

·
0 Posts
Corvettes are Red SSR's are Yellow!
This coming from the owner of a White Corvette!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Lets give Red some credit. They are great backups for the Yellow when the Yellow is way to busy to handle the load. You see Chevy had to use a Red in there lastest ad, because Yellow was doing bigger and better things, but the Red was way in the back. Not up front like the Yellow.:cool

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
If you all remember, the first commercial to feature a SSR showed one coming out a stage door to an alley with the backround music I believe from Prince and it was RED, just like mine. Red set the stage, yellow just picking up the extra fame.

drbob

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, the first ad I saw was the original blue one concept but it was a black and white photo of it near a gas station in the midwest somewhere. A guy in a T SHirt was cleaning the windshield. It stated that the tank is full and the pedal is down.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I wish I saw that. The first time I ever saw one was the concept they were taking around to cars show at the end of 2002. That is whe I fell in love with it. They had a pretty blue. Not the one they are selling now. I wish they had mad that color. I would have broke my neck to get that color.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Concept Color

The Color on the Concept SSR was called ultraviolet. It was a ten coat paint process, all hand painted. Depending on the light it could look blue, purple, silver or various shades in between. I would love to get that on my SSR.

I have some pictures of me with the Concept SSR and Signature Series # 006. What a difference. The Signature Series used only a four coat paint process.

The current Ultraviolet is a one coat factory job. Not even close.

I was going to order a SSR in the Ultraviolet color until I saw the signature series color.

R

·
0 Posts
all colors are a dime a dozen in California except Yellow

Yellow will have the highest resale value.

Don't get red steaming mad when you hear this.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Resale Value

The sales manager at my dealership says that, beyond a doubt, red has the highest resale value in the higher end vehicles like the Corvette and SSR. This observation is based on over 30 years experience in the industry, most of it in selling and reselling these time of cars.

I vote for "Resale Red"!

:D

D

·
0 Posts
What was the color of the SSR that Paced the Indianapolis 500 last May?:confused

What is the color of the one that Chevrolet pulled to put in their historic archives?:confused

What is the color of the Signature Series that are bringing big bucks at special event auctions?:confused

What color is mine?:lol

By the way fellows, I think an SSR in any color is sharp. :thumbs

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yellow Rules

Was that the same salesman that sold you the "red" car?? LOL.

Any color is great. But I do love that yellow.

Mike

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Colors

My first choice was yellow(my favorite color) then red. I don't know what I would have done if I couldn't get either one of those the other colors are to dark for my taste but I am glad we all have different tastes. Red is also the most crashed car color so I dont' need any bullseye color I have to many people straining to look I don't want them to hit me because My Truck Is Beautiful!:cool

·
Registered
222 Posts
The Color Purple!!!!

U c the color of this post...PURPLE!!! The same as my #17 of 25 SSR.

Same as the museum car #1 n same as the Indy car n the same as ALL those mega$$ auction SSR's.

There's a reason. Cause the chicks LOV PURPLE !!!!

:cool
[EDIT]Please keep it clean and respectful. TR[/edit]

Party on!!! :party

:cool

1 - 20 of 23 Posts