Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Caretaker of Max'sSSR
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else see this show recently on the Velocity Channel? I liked several of the mods they did on a 2003 SSR , especially the new engine and interior. I hated all the derogatory comments on the original SSR design. I guess they feel like they made a "cute" truck cool. I say it is already cool and ready for all sorts of personalization. Factory rod ready to be customized if wanted. Why is this idea viewed so negatively?
https://www.velocity.com/tv-shows/speed-is-the-new-black/full-episodes/mean-mash-up

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts
Anyone else see this show recently on the Velocity Channel? I like all the mods they did on a 2003 SSR , especially the new engine and interior. I hated all the derogatory comments on the original SSR design. I guess they feel like they made a "cute" truck cool. I say it is already cool and ready for all sorts of personalization. Factory rod ready to be customized if wanted. Why is this idea viewed so negatively?
https://www.velocity.com/tv-shows/speed-is-the-new-black/full-episodes/mean-mash-up
If you find the other thread on this you will find that you are in the minitory as far as the so called customize work. The show did nothing but show how ignorant people are on such a cool one of a kind vehicle. Just my .02

·
Slingshot Rules!
73,704 Posts

·
Caretaker of Max'sSSR
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I missed all the talk a few weeks ago regarding this show apparently. I did like the engine & tranny upgrade over the 5.3 and I liked interior redo. My 03 is original (other than many Simple Engineering upgrades)and plan on keeping it this way but I'm very interested in seeing all the cool things others do.

Regarding the show ...it was odd and I hated the negativity regarding the SSR in original form.

·
Premium Member
2003 Chevy SSR
1,439 Posts
I liked the engine upgrades and the grill work to make it look more like a Chevy 3100. Interior? meh. Exterior (other than the grill), what a shame - it looked awful. I thought it was cool that they put on 5-lug wheels, but they totally dropped the ball when they didn't use Cragar mags. Overall: mechanical, yes - stylistic, fail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts