Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,087 Posts
Interesting, Bruce . . .

That particular show was primary in my decision to DROP The New Black from my viewing list.

So far I have not missed them . . . not even a little bit.

! :cool: ! :mad: ! :cool: ! :mad:! :cool: !
I like Chasing Classic Cars and especially "Iron Restoration". Amanda can go get me parts any time of the day.😉😉😉🤪🤪🤪🤪.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Watch it for entertainment, not for ideas on how to build your SSR. Keep in mind we are the very small minority of the audience and are not the targeted one either. The people who put these shows together are not car people either. They are trying to make a show that people will watch and they add all kinds of stuff to keep regular people interested as well as have cars in the show. If every car they had on these shows, the builder all drooled and praised how great they were there would be no reason to build them. Now do I agree with the put downs, no but then I think Charles is a goof ball on the show anyway. How can you take anyone serious who wants to make a grilled cheese sandwich from the fuel rich flames out of exhaust? It is what the producer thinks is entertainment for some small part of their targeted audience.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just got to watch the show on You Tube and got to be honest the final result on the SSR does not float my boat, in fact the increase in power was all it had going for it and the running boards were pretty cool. Hope I don,t offend anyone.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,947 Posts
Just got to watch the show on You Tube and got to be honest the final result on the SSR does not float my boat, in fact the increase in power was all it had going for it and the running boards were pretty cool. Hope I don,t offend anyone.
I do not think that is a concern. The reviews here were pretty tough on that show the first time around.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes I agree and could not get to grips that the owner disliked it but he said it was " his daily driver??" any idea on the amount of $$$ he blew on that thing?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Tell us the rest of that story!
The stuff that came off the truck sat around there for about 2 years in crates in the body shop area. One of the guys who works there was offered the parts and he bought them. He put them in storage and sat on them for a while. I got word of the parts and bought what was SSR exclusive from him. The running boards, they took the bottom braces off and used them on what they made. I did not get the wheels and tires or the engine from it. I used some of the parts on my trucks and have sold a few of the parts and still have a couple things. I did get to talk to the guy at length about the build and the TV show and how that was to work on it.

He said while we (SSR people) may have sent hate mail, the Corvette people way out did us. He said when they cut up a fully restored Corvette that they got tons of hate mail over that one

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
I liked the hood on it as well as the grill. Not particularly fond of the brown color. If the Dr. wanted it dark it should have been black . Since they had 5 bolt adapters there were a lot better wheels to chose from. However what ever turns you on, it’s not my car.

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
I'm not crazy about the wheels... but I kinda like the rest of it. I didn't see the show, but just watched the "recap" on you tube. Maybe I'm weird!!??!!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,947 Posts
He said while we (SSR people) may have sent hate mail, the Corvette people way out did us. He said when they cut up a fully restored Corvette that they got tons of hate mail over that one
There are a whole lot more Corvette people to start with. I wonder how we stood up if you look at it by percentages.

·
Slingshot Rules!
67,442 Posts

Just for clarification, Gang . . .

The mods and / or upgrades had nothing to do with my dislike for the show. It was the Outrageously Insulting Comments by Outrageously Rude Low-Life Gutter Thugs that drove me away.

When I called to air my feelings the following day, I was shocked to hear the Network Representative tell me I was not alone. In fact, she admitted her phone had not stopped ringing with strong comments very similar to mine. She assured me that upper management would get a full report.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
Premium Member
31,698 Posts
Wasn't on my tv, haven't seen the full show as of yet. What i get so far is "A Doctor has an SSR and took it to this shop to have a custom build...his truck, his money, if he's happy that what counts" & a lot jerks beatin' on our SSR's with there opinion, If you haven't driven one you wouldn't understand

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
1,889 Posts
Wasn't on my tv, haven't seen the full show as of yet. What i get so far is "A Doctor has an SSR and took it to this shop to have a custom build...his truck, his money, if he's happy that what counts" & a lot jerks beatin' on our SSR's with there opinion, If you haven't driven one you wouldn't understand
Nailed it!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts