Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over 85

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.

SSR Owner Demographics

16K views 55 replies 33 participants last post by  ssroe 
#1 ·
Our last age poll was conducted back in 2005 and no surprise that I am now in a new group of senior members who love their SSRs. ;) :lol

Thus I thought it would be interesting once again to see where our SSR members now fall into our latest age poll. We had 814 members who previously voted in our other age poll. If your birthday will be very soon (like me) please use that number... :liebe011:

*My last poll limited our members to showing their ages to 66 years old and older now it is revised to include a lot more members up to 85 and older. :D

Please participate in our informal age survey.

NOTE: This poll will NOT be used to published your age in any form or given out to any
solicitation company (like ones that want to get you to join their OLD age groups i.e. AARP etc etc...
:glol

#4 ·

I am 12 years old and will never grow up (Peter Pan in my mind) :glol but I clicked the 61-65 category since I think that is what you are looking for. When you do this again (in 6 years) I will be even closer to the limit of my group.

#13 · (Edited)
18 – 25
Are you kidding Me? Anything over 4 cylinders makes it rumble instead of that gorgeous “Blap” I get with my rice burner!
26 – 30
That damn “Blap” was waking the kids so we got a mini-van.:banghead
31 – 35
What is it again?:confused
36 – 40
Not interested. After 3 kids and the old man drinking a vat of beer every weekend I’m seeing too many physical resemblances.
41 - 45
Yeesh! Overnight I’m so damn old I might as well be dead! I think l’m gonna buy one of them old folks trucks!
46 – 50
You know, I’m feeling okay, at least I didn’t die like I thought and I’m making tons of money.
Might sell the SSR and buy a new Benz. Then again, it has been a ton of fun. I might just keep it also.
51 – 55
I’m getting my second wind and feeling like a kid again. Gotta get one of them hot rod things!:hyper:
56 – 60
Freedom 55! At last we can travel without the kids.
61 – 65
Let’s see, what can make me feel like I did in ’62?
A supercharger perhaps, and loud mufflers, and some bling – yeah, that’s the ticket!:rock:
66 – 70
Got past Freedom 55 and entered Depends 65 phase of life.
Room for a case back there. That sure as heck wouldn’t fit in the Vette!
71 – 75
Where did we park again dear? I knew we should have bought a :ssr!
76 – 80
Let’s call the grandson and see if he will come over and back the SSR out of the garage for us.
I’m feeling like watching the wind blowing through your hair this fine day, as I haven’t got any left.
81 – 85
What is it again?:confused

#15 ·
The following was developed as a mental age assessment by the School of Psychiatry at Harvard University Take your time and see if you can read each line aloud without a mistake.

The average person over 40 years of age cannot do it!

1. This is this cat.
2. This is is cat.
3. This is how cat.
4. This is to cat.
5. This is keep cat.
6. This is an cat.
7. This is old cat.
8. This is fart cat.
9. This is busy cat.
10. This is for cat.
11. This is forty cat.
12. This is seconds cat.

Now go back and read the third word in each line from the top down and I
betcha' you cannot resist passing it on..........

#19 ·
I "fudged*" it by a few days - at the end of this month I'll be in the 56-60 age group, so I put myself there now instead of waiting to vote. :thumbs

Blast :purple:

*(in this age group I guess I'm lucky I didn't "fudge" my underwear too!) :lol

#23 ·
105 vote out of 9401 members is not a very good representation of membership so I am not too concerned about whether I am in the majority or not. :)

#25 ·
That assumes the other 9 in your category are younger than you. Are you sure there are not more than one older?

#29 ·
Hello ssr fanatics, Im a newbe. I just bought a slingshot 05 with 3miles few months ago and being from conn i have not driven it since the snow came. It looks like 50 to 70 is the age of owners. do they not attract younger folks or just the overhill gang ? I love this site and plan on using more in the spring when i want to start working on my truck. so for now hello everyone. jojo

#35 ·
I'll bet the Corvette crowd isn't that much of a downshift. The Gen Xer's are driving Juiced Ricers. F&F crowd.

#38 ·
8 to 15 year olds don't drive. Young folks, say 20 to 35ish, most of which stop raising hell and are raising kids, raising rent/mortgage, raising careers.

Hot rods, ricers, and sports cars... they can start with a cheap one and build it as time/money permits.
With the SSR, it's bigger money/loan up front, and the cops frown on stuffing kids in the bed. ;)

#39 ·
Actually my wife and I are in the 45-50 year old range.

We had our children at an early age(19-22),so we could grow up with them and get them educated and out of the house so that we could enjoy life before we became Old Farts.Now we can afford and enjoy our 2010,2"SS"/"RS" Camaro,and our 2005 Black SSR, and the Grand-kids once in a while.The best part is being able to send them home to their own homes.

#43 · (Edited)
Think You are Old???

My Birthstone is LAVA!!!!!!!!!!!!:ssr
I am Semi-Prehistoric at 72 last January and this Car #146!!

#47 ·
Thanks for the compliment as I get ready to celebrate my 65th birthday and just now got home from Disneyland for the second time this week.
KEEP YOUNG AT HEART!(a song I knew in the 60's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.