Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
5-17-2011 gkb:
After I lost interest in continuing to spend time maintaining the pinmap, I offered to transfer it to another interested party.

BlueStreak has stepped up take over maintaining the Pinmap. See here.

I'll continue hosting the static map at the links below until BlueStreak has done the necessary reconfigurations.

The one maintenance function I will do, is to remove pins for any who PM me with a request. New pins will need to wait for the reincarnation.

=====================

The SSR pinmap is a google map showing the locations of owners of SSR's. Participation is completely voluntary. The amount of info provided by participants is also voluntary. The actual locations of the pin is up to the individual, but it's kind of expected that it will be somewhere in the same city where they live.

To keep out the spammers, all requests for pins are moderated. The frequency of map updates is somewhat dependent on how often people request new pins or updates. I can be contacted about problems directly at gkbeer at gmail dot com. But please request pins or pin updates via the Geocoder link below. (it saves me from doing a bunch of cut/past operations)

stable pinmap location> SSR Owners Pinmap V2

To request a pin I now recommend starting here > SSR Pinmap Geocoder / Pin Request Page Note: this server is where the request form goes to submit pin requests. Visit that page for more info on how to use the geocoder.

If you wish to update any info, or the location, just submit a new pin request and add a comment in the notes section of the form.

Edited to remove out of date info. 09-24-2009 gkb

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Wow, good job. In Previous thread I posted my location, obviously my handle shows on the left side of the page 'ampmop".
That is all I wish to post, but thanks for all the hard work on this.

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,205 Posts
Map info

Looks good so far Beer.

Guess I'll have to get busy locating pins for the other Fellow Pages Helpers.

I have to finish assembly on a vehicle this morning , but will work on it this afternoon.

To all the SSR Fellow Pages Volunteers. I'm working on the info for Beer to add the Helpers to the map, so all who have sent your info to me, we will be applying it to the map unless you request that we not apply that info. Beer is attempting to use a different color pin for the Fellow Pages Helpers, to identify them faster.

This may take a little time, but we will accomplish the task.

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Glenn,
Just gmailed my info to you. Glad this is becoming a reality.

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
Pin

Glenn,

Just gmailed also !
Thanks for all your hard work :cheers

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Big Thank You To Glenn!

Purple Penelope said:
Glenn,
Just gmailed my info to you. Glad this is becoming a reality.

P/P

Peace :flag
Hey Glenn,

Thanks for doing us all a HUGE favor! Thank you for your hard work too! I just sent you my info too! :thumbs

·
Registered
221 Posts
very Nice! Very Nice Indeed :thumbs

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't forget to put your SSRFanatic name in the email.

Folks.

Please, Please include your ssrfanatic name in the email. That and the pin location are musts.

Buffy, could you make this thread stickey for a while?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Great job. Since I already sent my stuff for the 'help along the way post' earlier, i'll wait to see all the pins show up.

It sure will be appreciated by all!

:party :party :party :party

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Furthest North, South, East & West

ok, so who's the furthest out there (North, South, East, West)?

I"ll start with North 44.04610301671111

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
I've been pinned

Glenn,

Just checked the map, found myself. That way to cool ! :thumbs

Thanks again for all your time :cheers

·
Premium Member
31,452 Posts
A possibility for the map

Beer,

I was just reading on one of the other threads about what and where to look for good SSR mechanics. What do you think of the idea of putting on pin markers for those dealers that are reputed to be good for taking our SSRs in for work?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Beer,

Voting you for PINHEAD of the year!

Very nice, THANK YOU!

(Don't forget to zoom out so you can see the other countries fanatics)

1 - 20 of 414 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.