Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stored the painting of a Slingshot Yellow SSR that hung in the lobby of the Lansing Craft Centre in my attic for 11 years. Wife says SELL IT NOW! Rather than e-bay, I thought I would offer Fanatics a chance to own a rare and important piece of Craft Centre/SSR history. The painting is approximately 4' x 3'. I literally rescued the painting from the dumpster when the plant was being stripped for demolition. ( I was in union leadership at the plant) and its time for a new home. The painting hung outside the Plant managers office in the lobby. If someone can help me figure out how to post pics. in this thread...I would be happy to supply them but I cannot get them to attach. I'm not at all sure how to value this and wouldn't even try until Fanatics can see pictures. Any help would be appreciated.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,824 Posts
Send pictures to me, I will post them for you.

You can not post pictures till you have "x" amount of post made.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,824 Posts
Here you go. I suggest a auction here.

SSR Painting from Lansing Craft Centre

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have stored the painting of a Slingshot Yellow SSR that hung in the lobby of the Lansing Craft Centre in my attic for 11 years. Wife says SELL IT NOW! Rather than e-bay, I thought I would offer Fanatics a chance to own a rare and important piece of Craft Centre/SSR history. The painting is approximately 4' x 3'. I literally rescued the painting from the dumpster when the plant was being stripped for demolition. ( I was in union leadership at the plant) and its time for a new home. The painting hung outside the Plant managers office in the lobby. If someone can help me figure out how to post pics. in this thread...I would be happy to supply them but I cannot get them to attach. I'm not at all sure how to value this and wouldn't even try until Fanatics can see pictures. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,351 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,296 Posts
ttani unable to find anything on Google search

Several artists with the name Hani, including a sidewalk artist from New York. Didnt find one that looked likely to have done this painting, but would need to search for one with the same signature.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,824 Posts
I have saved all e-mail from seller. he say's we can get Bob Walzyck to confirm his I.D. Bob should remember the painting also if he was in plant managers office.

Original photos where huge in size format, like 33.50 inches. I cut down to 5.50 inch

It would have been nice to have a photo of it on the wall at lancing plant.

I am saving sellers real name till we need to verify at sale. or he gives it freely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
artist

The only research I have done on the artist was a search for ASC (American Sunroof Co.) our supplier that made the tops for the SSR. If you google "SSR Diamondback", you will see that the same artist did a couple images of the Diamondback for ASC. I'm no expert on signatures but it sure looks like the same artist signature. The artist did those in 04. The LCC painting must have been done in 02 or 03 cuz it was on the wall when SSR was launched.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Well. at the risk of making this item out of my price range, ($50) here is a link to the artists gallery.. Hani Shihada

http://www.hanisidewalkart.com/15301.html
The signature is an exact match.
Slideshow

He does do mostly street art, for 35 years, but has been commissioned by GM over the years for wall paintings.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
I agree with you Reb, should be a auction. I could see this go to 4 digits. Also everyone should have a chance at this!

If you could prove this was a one off, that would be a bonus!!!! just my 2 cents.

Good luck on your sale.

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed
:crying::banghead:willy::flag

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Yup, this one's likely to get pricey real quick. And rightfully so.

I live in Albuquerque, NM and visit the art galleries in Santa Fe frequently. Based on my experience, I'd say this piece, with it's size and porvenance, placed in the right gallery could easily exceed $10K or more. It's a true, one-of-a-kind piece of automotive art and history. This could easily hang in a museum.

But then, I could be all wet too. We'll see.

·
Caretaker of Max'sSSR
165 Posts
Custom prints?

Damn, I would live to get this.
Does anyone know the artist ?
I just emailed Hani (the artist) to ask if he would be interested in creating custom canvas pieces created from photos of fellow fanatics. I sent him a few of my favorite pics of my SSR to get an idea of prices. I will share any reply I get from him. I think it would be cool not only have the print that hung in factory but also have a custom version of my own SSR. :smile2:

Attachments

·
Caretaker of Max'sSSR
165 Posts
I just emailed Hani (the artist) to ask if he would be interested in creating custom canvas pieces created from photos of fellow fanatics. I sent him a few of my favorite pics of my SSR to get an idea of prices. I will share any reply I get from him. I think it would be cool not only have the print that hung in factory but also have a custom version of my own SSR. :smile2:
I just received an emailed reply from Hani. His prices are out of my league ( I do not think he is a starving artist) but perhaps others may want to commission him to create a custom SSR art piece? If nothing else you get an idea of what one of his creations are worth. I actually would think the original piece that hung in the Lansing facility would be worth more? Below is his reply and his contact information. One other idea is to raffle or auction off his services to commission a personal custom rendition of a fanatics SSR during an international rally or such?

His reply: Hi Craig,

Yes, I would love to do that. I would charge approximately $2000, It will be done on stretched canvas. The size could be determined according to your preference.
It can be 36 inches by 48 inches more or less.
I am looking forward to do the work for you and look forward to discuss the job with you in more details.

Thanks

Phone: 917-673-4843
Business Email:[email protected]
Fan E-mail: [email protected]
hanisidewalkart.com

1 - 20 of 29 Posts