Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1741 - 1751 of 1751 Posts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,319 Posts
Because it's broken......... otherwise I would cover it with a custom engraved heavier guage aluminum handle cover that I have made.
Is it the handle paddle that has failed or the pawl that rotates on the Allen-head cap screw? I have a couple driver’s handles, but they are missing the small moving part. This seems to be the common failure point....... other than having the Allen-head cap screw back out.

Let me know,

Mike

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,453 Posts
Is it the handle paddle that has failed or the pawl that rotates on the Allen-head cap screw? I have a couple driver’s handles, but they are missing the small moving part. This seems to be the common failure point....... other than having the Allen-head cap screw back out.

Let me know,

Mike
I have a new door handle that I tried to buff the satin off of years ago and it does not work on metal.

Gary [email protected] or 727 207 2575 afternoon.

Thanks for the offers, but owner decided to purchase a new one so for right now the need is sidelined. I honestly do not know what the problem is, the truck is at a local repair shop and he asked me for assistance in finding a replacement they said they needed.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,319 Posts
Thanks for the offers, but owner decided to purchase a new one so for right now the need is sidelined. I honestly do not know what the problem is, the truck is at a local repair shop and he asked me for assistance in finding a replacement they said they needed.
Hey @Dragon2U
If you get the chance, ask him if they collected all the parts out of the bottom of the door. There are two standard failure modes of the outer handle.....
1. The pivot screw backs out and falls to the bottom of the door, taking the pivot pawl with it. Easy to fix.
2. The pivot screw binds and the pivot pawl breaks in half. Always looks like poor casting when you see one. No pivot pawls available anywhere except as part of a whole handle.

You may be able to scrounge the bits out of his door and end up with a serviceable used part....

Regards,

Mike

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,453 Posts
Hey @Dragon2U
If you get the chance, ask him if they collected all the parts out of the bottom of the door. There are two standard failure modes of the outer handle.....
1. The pivot screw backs out and falls to the bottom of the door, taking the pivot pawl with it. Easy to fix.
2. The pivot screw binds and the pivot pawl breaks in half. Always looks like poor casting when you see one. No pivot pawls available anywhere except as part of a whole handle.

You may be able to scrounge the bits out of his door and end up with a serviceable used part....

Regards,

Mike
Thanks, I will ask.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking for the brace that goes inside the right side of the rear bumper cover. Having some difficulty finding little things that need replacing for the 04 SSR. Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you in advance!!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,818 Posts
You might want to open your own thread in this Forum (SSR Parts For Sale/wanted) since this thread is a bit long. There are several members who will check into a new thread that is titled as a wanted part, and others will suggest some of the recycle yards.
Meanwhile, you might want to post in the New Members Forum and introduce yourself and where you are located and a bit about your truck.

Reactions: HUAW

·
Registered
306 Posts
NEEDED Right Front Center Hub Cap. Once again fate has struck and another of my Center Hubs is missing. SO i need to find another

Chrome Right Front Center Cap. 2005 Chevy SSR. Contact [email protected] Thanks

1741 - 1751 of 1751 Posts