Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though you travel the Bill Monroe Memorial Highway to get here, this Nashville's reputation has little to do with "pickin' and grinnin'." Driving Chevy's SSR (for Super Sport Roadster) through this artists' colony seems appropriate, though, for while it may or may not be a work of art, it is a vehicle for those who want to be noticed.

"It's not as if we figured General Motors needed a two-door convertible V-8 pickup truck to fill a market niche," noted Bob Walczyk, SSR marketing & product manager. We agreed, then queried him on who is the customer for this vehicle. "We're rather excited to find out ourselves," was his reply. "We think the demographics will be similar to the Corvette's, but those folks would be more discerning on ride and handling." Walczak is sure that these 45-to-50-year-old males with a $90-95,000 household income "aren't the Lexus type." But given the SSR's $41,995 base price they are in Lexus territory.

Go to this URL to read the entire article: (a great read)

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?n=184&sid=184&article=6195&pf=1

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Yes, That is a very good article and I believe right on!! As much as I love the SSR I have to admit it is not very practicle. It is a lot of fun to drive and has some great features but it will only sell to the people like us who need our toys!! and don't mind being noticed. I don't believe there are all that many of us out there. What do the rest of you SSR owners think?

·
Registered
413 Posts
practicle

If you want practicle get a neon or cavilier I want sporty and flashy

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:D As an artist and airbrusher since 1972, I prefer to own a mobile work of art like the SSR! No if I can just learn how to apply those urethanes correctly, hmmmm........workin on it....stay tuned. House of Kolor is keeping me posted.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ITS IN THE BAG

I think that G.M. wont have a problem selling 15,000 a year the way everybody looks at the SSR . I think its going to be a big hit it is a true work of art.:angel :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
Advertize the SSR!

I love the SSR! I heard about the Truck a year ago, thought it was cool and made mental note to follow up on the truck. However, I did not formally get aquainted with the Truck until the end of 2004. Why doesn't G.M. advertize the vehicle? I think that sales would get a big increase if they advertized. Come on there is everything to love about this vehicle! Chevorlet advertizes the Vette and their other trucks, but they only have one commercial with the SSR. Come to think of it, I never saw a Prowler commercial (except there is a commercial that aired in Canada). Nevertheless, the Prowlers sold. The only difference is that Prowlers seemed to sale by word of mouth and by reputation unlike the SSR's. I belive that in time the SSR's will sale by word of mouth but for now take a page from Daimler-Chryler and advertize, advertize, advertize! Advertizement has done wonders for the 300C's and Chryler vehicles in general. :seeya :flag

1 - 6 of 6 Posts