Chevy SSR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey yall. im back from my original post from a few months back.

Link here:SSR Pewter limited edition 340/500 FOR SALE!!!!

Ive finally had to time to get around to listing this fine baby on ebay. so for those of you who know its value and collectability, can have the chance to own 340/500!!!!

( Moderator edit: Much as I hate to do this the rules dictate that non premium members cannot post links on items for sale)

Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
334 Posts
1 day, 20 hours to go... Zero bids... time will tell the story!
I don’t understand why these are so desirable. They were awarded to dealers and persons that participated in special events. I or my truck have NOT been involved either. To me it’s just an inanimate object that collects dust. Is it an investment that will increase in value? I’m going to invest my monies in something less speculative.
BITCOINS!!!😜

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don’t understand why these are so desirable. They were awarded to dealers and persons that participated in special events. I or my truck have NOT been involved either. To me it’s just an inanimate object that collects dust. Is it an investment that will increase in value? I’m going to invest my monies in something less speculative.
BITCOINS!!!😜
Hey man, to each their own. If you read my backstory. I literally got this for free, and I only just now found it was worth something. Though I have loved the ssr for a while. I just thought it was a badass display until I found out it was a valuable badass display lol.

Supply and demand. People make the prices. Not me🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
334 Posts
Hey man, to each their own. If you read my backstory. I literally got this for free, and I only just now found it was worth something. Though I have loved the ssr for a while. I just thought it was a badass display until I found out it was a valuable badass display lol.

Supply and demand. People make the prices. Not me🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Well Man You got the supply! Not my Demand! LOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not like it just ends in 10 days. Once it's over. Ebay just renews the listing. Whether it sells or not. It is what it is🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
2006 Pac Blue 6-Speed
1,006 Posts
Experienced eBayers don't bid early. Doing so just increases the price they pay. They "snipe" by keeping an eye on the item and entering their maximum bid as close to the end of the auction as possible. The eBay software increases bids automatically by an increment determined by the price of the item. Your SSR pewter is priced to open the bidding at $750, so if the most an experienced eBayer is willing to bid is $850, he/she will enter the $850 at the last moment and let the eBay software do its thing. He/she could win it for the minimum bid, or there could be others sniping willing to pay much more and they will win.

Some eBay strategists advise opening the bids low, and setting a reserve to encourage more early bidding.

I'm sure there will be some bids at the end of the auction. Good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Experienced eBayers don't bid early. Doing so just increases the price they pay. They "snipe" by keeping an eye on the item and entering their maximum bid as close to the end of the auction as possible. The eBay software increases bids automatically by an increment determined by the price of the item. Your SSR pewter is priced to open the bidding at $750, so if the most an experienced eBayer is willing to bid is $850, he/she will enter the $850 at the last moment and let the eBay software do its thing. He/she could win it for the minimum bid, or there could be others sniping willing to pay much more and they will win.

Some eBay strategists advise opening the bids low, and setting a reserve to encourage more early bidding.

I'm sure there will be some bids at the end of the auction. Good luck with your sale.
This guy gets it!!!
Preciate it man. Will update as things roll in

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,911 Posts
Well, the bidding has closed! Opening Bid $750.00. No bids, 18 folks watching including me. The last one that sold on eBay was $596.00 with free shipping. This I think is an indication of where the market is at now on the Pewter Displays. My Opinion...:):)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, the bidding has closed! Opening Bid $750.00. No bids, 18 folks watching including me. The last one that sold on eBay was $596.00 with free shipping. This I think is an indication of where the market is at now on the Pewter Displays. My Opinion...:):)
Always a good way to tell. Link to last sell?? Always can put it back up

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,790 Posts
I agree, the last 2 that sold were in the $590's. If Tony wants to move it I would suggest starting at $400 and see where it goes, you have to give people some room to play. I was procured for free so trying to get so much over market is pretty crazy......... start low and if it gets higher then you will be happier but I would think anything over $400 for something you got for free would make anyone pretty happy.

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,911 Posts
@Dragon2U Yes, when something is procured for free anything above 0 Zero is a bonus! It's like finding a $20..00 bill stuck to a piece of tar on the roadway! I'd bet money if Tony places it back on eBay for $400.00, he'll get bids, and see where it ends up!:):)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree, the last 2 that sold were in the $590's. If Tony wants to move it I would suggest starting at $400 and see where it goes, you have to give people some room to play. I was procured for free so trying to get so much over market is pretty crazy......... start low and if it gets higher then you will be happier but I would think anything over $400 for something you got for free would make anyone pretty happy.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.