Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Would you fellow forum members tell me what you are paying for these SSR`s. Mine isn`t here yet but is on it`s way and i don`t want to be taken by this dealer who wants over sticker for the truck. Thanks!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WITH ALL OPTIONS $47508 INCLUDES TAX,TITLE AND TAGS.
GM CARD FOR $1000.00 CASH BACK.

·
Registered
87 Posts
We bought ours at a dealer outside of Detroit the Day after Labor Day for MSRP less the GM card credit of a little over $2000. All the dealers in NJ wanted sticker plus $5,000. That's just plain crazy. Get on www.gmbuypower.com and start e-mailing dealers. They're available for sticker, but you may have to drive/fly a couple miles. We've put over 1000 miles on it already and it exceeds any experience we've ever had with our other 'toys'.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:cheers I am soooo envious of you guys that have yours. You are correct that they are available at sticker and you may have to fly a long way too! I have to go to the other side of the country when mine comes in and drive it back and then register it in VA. It should be a very cool cruise, I just hope it isn't snowing in late Dec. when I get mine. I plan on following the southern coast and heading up east, but there is bound to be snow in the mountains that time of year.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SSR Pricing

In my experience the ultimate cost rests with the integrity and philosophy of the dealer rather than the locale. My C5 conv't. was 2k under MSRP from my smaller dealership while the bigger boys in south Florida were demanding 5k over. Likewise, my SSR from the same smaller dealer was MSRP period. This is from a no bulls**t dealer who strives for a loyal following of local customers. Guess where I buy all of my vehicles.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Dealer Gouging

This is an interesting discussion on the dealer gouging. What really works better than anything else is publication of the dealers' names and addresses. Also, tell all your friends that buy Chevy products! Do whatever you can to take money from their bottom line! That is about the only method that is effective in getting their attention. Another note: my dealer told me that all of the dealerships nationwide were "strongly encouraged" not to mark up this vehicle, and not to gouge or sell it over MSRP. Obviously, some are not listening to the General! To be fair, we should also publish the names of the honest and fair dealerships (like mine in Corona, CA) that make this transaction almost a pleasure. Any more thoughts?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Your idea is one of the best I have ever heard of! Maybe they can put a list on this web site of "Real Deal" dealers that sell at MSRP. All of my friends and I will surely buy from them, even if it means crossing the country to get what you want.

·
Registered
413 Posts
dealers

my dealer stuck to deal we made 2 years ago Thats why I have bought over 20 new trucks from him over the past 15 years

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Red 2004 for sticker price in DC area

We (Chevy Chase Cars, Bethesda,) just received a red 2004 SSR. It is being sold at sticker price ~$45K (plus tax and tags). Has most of the goodies on it. If you're interested, give me a call at 301-657-4000. Ask for Mark (ext 1107). It probably won't last long. (I hope, it's hard to just keep looking at it.... :))

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Good for you!!! There is hope out there! Got mine in Nov. From Pallone at sticker but your deal sounds just as good.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got one on auction

We also have a 2003 model (red) that we're putting up for sealed-bid auction later this month. Bids are expected to be over sticker, but here's the difference. The dealership is keeping just the MSRP part of the winning bid, the overage will be donated to a local children's hospital. The winner gets to deduct that amount as a charitable contribution. There'll be food, drink and everyone who attends gets a die-cast ssr model to take home. :)
BTW- Chevy Chase Cars never adds frivolous markup to any car, no matter how rare it might be. I'm sure there are other such dealers as well, you just have to shop around.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2003 SSR (new) for sale at MSRP

We have one red 2003 SSR, 1SB package, fancy bed liner, for sale at MSRP. Call me if interested, we're located in Bethesda, MD.
301-657-4000, ask for Mark.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Dodie36 said:
Hello everyone! Would you fellow forum members tell me what you are paying for these SSR`s. Mine isn`t here yet but is on it`s way and i don`t want to be taken by this dealer who wants over sticker for the truck. Thanks!
I bought my 2004 SSR for what the stcker said, $46,000, plus Tax, extended warranty, plates, and a lot more. Dealers seem to set the MSRP and seem to stick with that. My dealer was $8,000 less than one three miles away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
pricing

ell I think there are way over priced I bought mine over ebay used 1000 miles on it. paid just over 50k Cda for it It has running borads 6 disk carpet box .The dealers up here were taking 20.000 of list price to move them out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts