Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It will have a MSRP of $41,995. This includes a destination charge of $625.

I'm not sure about the option list yet.

B

·
0 Posts
I think they have overdone it on the price. You can get a new Corvette for less if you shop around.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not cheap, that's for sure.

I think it plays to a different market than the Corvette though. This isn't as much a sports car as a cruiser. It has a performance aspect to it, but that's not the main draw.

G

·
0 Posts
It is a unique truck. I am going to buy one and I do not think that it is overpriced.

C

·
0 Posts
gonnagetanssr said:
It is a unique truck. I am going to buy one and I do not think that it is overpriced.
:agree It's my coin. I'll spend it how I want.

J

·
0 Posts
BMBLBEE said:
I think they have overdone it on the price. You can get a new Corvette for less if you shop around.
The SSR is a collector and won't take away from Corvette sales.They are offering 15 options including Bose sound system,heated seats,sterling silver painted wheels,electrochromic mirrors,gauge package,integrated side saddle storage,running boards,cargo netting,custom floor mats,tow package,and a wind break.I've got 2 on order and spoke to my dealer today.

J

·
0 Posts
Most of the SSR dealers are pricing the trucks well over suggested retail.Even the dealers who promised me they wouldn't are now tagging on extra $.Sales are down and dealers are going to make $ where they can.

D

·
0 Posts
It looks like the MSRP grows to over $47000 with all the goodies! :cuss

J

·
0 Posts
It appears that the SSR will be quite a bit more expensive than originally rumored. With the expected additional dealer markup it will be more than I am willing to pay. I guess I'll save my money for the C6 vette.

J

·
0 Posts
The C6 'Vette is a totally different animal.The price of all vehicles seems to be creeping upward.The 'Vette is still an excellent value in it's class.

J

·
0 Posts
I agree . It's just that I can't afford both at these prices. If it had stayed around the $35k price I originally read I would have pursued the SSR and put the C6 on the back burner for a few more years. Since my local dealer won't have one that isn't already spoken for until at least the second year of production I have plenty of time to think about it. Who knows, once it is actually available I might not be able to pass it up. Like you say, it would be totally different than my vette.

N

·
0 Posts
Already have build sheet

I ordered my RED SSR on March 22, 2003. At that time I was told June/July. Then I was told August/September. Now I am being told before the end of the year.
Loaded sticker is $46,000.

D

·
0 Posts
My dealer promised me the first SSR that he gets. I like the Blue, Red and Yellow in that order but will take any color. As far as options I would like the gauges, mirrors, running boards, and towing package but would accept it with any and all if necessary. I bought the only Z06 Vette that he sold in 2002 and it took an act of congress to get it because the demand was higher than the supply. Now he has a 2003 Z06 he hasn't been able to sell.

:flag

N

·
0 Posts
SSR allotment is directly related to Corvette sales. If your dealer only sold a few vettes for the year, he may not get any SSR's.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Invoice cost

:D According to nextag.com the actual invoice price on the base mode Chevy SSR is $39,306.00 with an MSRP of $41,990.00. Î found that pretty interesting. Always nice to know invoice price when trying to deal, not that any dealers are going to deal at this early stage of marketing for the SSR.

C

·
0 Posts
BMBLBEE said:
I don't think the SSR is overdone the price. This vehcile is not a cheap vehcile thats for sure, these trucks were expensive to make, GM has to get some money back. If they lowered the price on these trucks, GM would be lsoing so much money.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
ordering process

:banghead Man, I just don't get it. Some of you guys apparently have an actual order and I have had a deposit on an SSR for over a year. Virtually none of the dealers in my geographic area are taking any orders, per se. They are only taking deposits to get a place in line. And what about all those extras. Heck, you put those boxes in the bed and you will be lucky to fit one golf bag in the back of the bed. It is a very smalllllll bed that is only approx. 3.5 X 4 ft. in size. Why buy options before you see what they look like? The only option I would consider would be the instrument cluster.

J

·
0 Posts
the price is very high but it really can't be compared w/the vette like some have stated......The corvette is in the sport class and the ssr is in it's own class.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts