Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 3/10/2006 I will pick up my new SSR.
I wanted one for a long time. I allmost missed the boat. It was too late to order one. So my next option was a DearlerWorld search. I went to a small dealer near my town and told him that it had to be Pacific Blue, 6 speed, Chrome package, Chrome Wheels. . Well he found one within 150 mile radius. But the other dealer does not want to trade says its sold. So my dealer does another search 450 miles this time. He finds one 372 milles from the dealer. They make the trade. My dealer trailers the trade vehicle up to the other dealer. And trailers the SSR back. The dealer where the SSR is at is about 2 blocks from the Canadian border. Coming back the driver of the trailer is pulled over by the border patrol. The reason the border patrol pulls the driver over is he wants to take a look at the SSR. He said he never seen anything like it before. I wish I could have picked it up today because its my Birthday that would have been sweet.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Happy birthday!

I can't think of a nicer thing to get for your birthday. You will have to go to sleep just to get the grin off your face...I think that will do it. Anyway you are in for a totally agreeable experience.
Drive it til the wheels fall off.:) :) :)

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Warning !!!

Better learn to cruise in you new baby, she's already been pulled over and you don't even have her key's yet..:glol :glol :glol

·
Registered
190 Posts
90USSRLS2 said:
On 3/10/2006 I will pick up my new SSR.
I wanted one for a long time. I allmost missed the boat. It was too late to order one. So my next option was a DearlerWorld search. I went to a small dealer near my town and told him that it had to be Pacific Blue, 6 speed, Chrome package, Chrome Wheels. . Well he found one within 150 mile radius. But the other dealer does not want to trade says its sold. So my dealer does another search 450 miles this time. He finds one 372 milles from the dealer. They make the trade. My dealer trailers the trade vehicle up to the other dealer. And trailers the SSR back. The dealer where the SSR is at is about 2 blocks from the Canadian border. Coming back the driver of the trailer is pulled over by the border patrol. The reason the border patrol pulls the driver over is he wants to take a look at the SSR. He said he never seen anything like it before. I wish I could have picked it up today because its my Birthday that would have been sweet.
I too got mine for a birthday present from my wife (sure love that woman)...anyway it now is my birthday EVERYDAY that I drive the yellow 6 speed.!!! Enjoy your super ride!!!:seeya

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Welome & Congrats

90USSRLS2 said:
On 3/10/2006
And trailers the SSR back. The dealer where the SSR is at is about 2 blocks from the Canadian border. Coming back the driver of the trailer is pulled over by the border patrol. The reason the border patrol pulls the driver over is he wants to take a look at the SSR. He said he never seen anything like it before. I wish I could have picked it up today because its my Birthday that would have been sweet.

Now that's a great story! :)

Welcome Aboard & Congrats

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Better to be pulled over...

than to roll over!:glol

Yeah, this is my first SSR, also my 50th birthday present, six weeks after my birthday. I rolled it four times, something you don't want to do yourself. I'm lucky to be laughing about it now.

I am now enjoying my second SSR, which sounds just like your first. Hope you have better luck with your first one than I did.

1stSSR.1.JPG

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
Sweet !

Just arond the corner, north of Allentown, Easton. about 15 miles.:thumbs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts