Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To whomever can answer this question. I do not actually own an SSR but am looking into purchasing one. The question I have is to quiet down a habitual BSer from my hometown. He shows up last week when I was back home with a yellow SSR and this thing has Indianapolis Pace Car decals on it. He is trying to convince the rednecks that don't know much more than F150, Ram & Silverado back home that it is a one of a kind limited edition, and that only one was built (and that he payed $75,000 for it). I told them that he was full of crap and that the indy editions were not yellow (but blue) & that he just stuck decals on an under $50,000 SSR. Was I wrong or was he telling the truth on what he purchased?

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Indy Pace Car questions

fossellb said:
To whomever can answer this question. I do not actually own an SSR but am looking into purchasing one. The question I have is to quiet down a habitual BSer from my hometown. He shows up last week when I was back home with a yellow SSR and this thing has Indianapolis Pace Car decals on it. He is trying to convince the rednecks that don't know much more than F150, Ram & Silverado back home that it is a one of a kind limited edition, and that only one was built (and that he payed $75,000 for it). I told them that he was full of crap and that the indy editions were not yellow (but blue) & that he just stuck decals on an under $50,000 SSR. Was I wrong or was he telling the truth on what he purchased?
Just ask him to show you the Invoice & bill of sale!

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,323 Posts
You see them all day, or did, on EBay in the Mid West area. Most sold for the mid to high 30's and had between a few hundred to a few thousand miles on them. There were alot of them used for the event, I think the yellow ones were for the NASCAR race, they had quite a few stickers on them, some even included the documents for the event that had the drivers name that drove the car. EBay was flooded with them a few weeks ago, I guess the dealers were trying to move them fast. Don't see them much anymore though, maybe now and then. Nothing special about them other than the stickers, I was going to buy one and take off the stickers.

Bottom line, yeah, he's full of &*$%, you must know him well .........
:seeya

fossellb said:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried that.

I asked him to see the paperwork and he is just blowing me off, but has my hometown buffalo'ed into believing him. He has a sweet truck, don't get me wrong. But I want him to represent it for what I think it really is.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Ok, I'm NOT picking on you here....

If you know he is a liar and he knows he is a liar, why do you care that he is going around and lying to everyone else?

It just doesn't matter.....but of course if you could make him look silly :jester

(Get the VIN number and someone from this forum can look up the info for you)

BTW my SSR came with the Brooklyn Bridge and some land in Florida near some big lake I believe :lol

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
His is one of 43 SSR that were used as driver introductions at the track - Prior to that those SSR's were driven around Indy by Indy VIP's. One of these VIP's got into a police chase and wrecked an SSR - so I guess that means one of 42 with the decals... http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3919

These SSR's were shipped out to local dealerships after the race and sold. If he paid 75K - he got taken!!!

For example - on eBay now:
Chevrolet : SSR TravisKvapil
2006 SSR Brickyard 400 Nascar Driver Introduction car
Don't miss this one of a kind SSR. This was one of the 45 used for driver introductions at the AllState 400 at the Brickyard on August 7, 2005. The lucky owner of this special car also receives a commorative edition plaque with a picure of the car at Indianapolis Raceway and an actual piece of the track along with a certificate of authenticity. The window sticker is also signed by the driver that rode in the SSR.
MSRP- $47,750
The SSR itself is also very special. It is one of the first two-tone SSRs to be built by GM.

Attachments

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
The only Indy pace SSR was Ultraviolet. We had the Signature Series 25 there for the press show in 2003.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My new Aqua 05 is LOT O FUN. came off my 98 viper.. also have 1939 pontiac 2 door, street rod with complete chevy driveline and supercharged 350.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts